I dunno
User Info.
Before reading anything:

TIME
04:49 PM on 11/20/12
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
And I would say Brand New's Deja, Taking Back Sunday's TAYF, Finch's WIITB and Underoath's TOCS are "scene" classics because after those albums released so many bands emulated and tried to create a record like that.

I would say that today's generation of "scene" bands are drawing more influence from classic albums of the late 90s
I agree with what you're saying here. Not in terms of these albums being the best from this "scene" but how they influenced a certain sound.

I definitely see newer bands going to the late 90s too.
04:56 PM on 11/20/12
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
Mbdtf is not a "classic" and ive asked why people call it one multiple times and everyones like oh. Everyone naming all their classic albums in here negates what the article said and just adds to the detrimental consumption of popular culture
It is a classic at this point in time and will probably outlast other albums even within West's own discography.

For one the middle section of that album ("All of the Lights"-"Runaway") is one of the best I've ever heard. Every song in that sequenced is nailed perfectly. Another thing I think that makes the album a classic is that there's always something you hear when going back to it that makes it even better. 2 examples: 1)good friend told me the most underrated and overlooked verse was Raekwon's on "Gorgeous" 2)Discovering that the Chris Rock bit on "Blame Game" was who 'Ye was rapping about made me like that bit a LOT more

I also feel that it's West at his best. He took the best of his previous albums and wrapped it all together to make his best work.

Oh and I think it's the best 80 minutes in music in forever. Whenever I listen to that album it doesn't feel like a chore to listen to that much music. It never feels like 80 minutes.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos