Username
Password
Video News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 67.
03:35 PM on 11/21/12
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
I agree with you, but I think you're over the top about it. The knock on Jonny has always been his structuring - he consistently shows little to no knowledge regarding songwriting/structuring, save for the last Emarosa album and Isles & Glaciers (who was all Vic anyway).
BUT.
His physical ability is simply off the charts. This isn't a guy who has a good voice, and could be great with some training - Jonny has absurd talent, and could be phenomenal and unmatched with half a brain and some dedication. So yeah, his voice obviously carries him past his inability to take himself seriously, but we're talking about a rare level of talent.
I completely agree with what you said, but you have to remember the individual we're talking about. Craig is so full of himself that he would never take into consideration that he doesn't know what he's doing, so he's perpetually going to be an incredibly mediocre vocalist thats basking in 16 year olds that just hear a pretty voice. I'm not sure I would use the word talent as when I was growing up in music class I was always taught talent is something you learn and ability is what you're born with. I.e, Craig was born with the ability to be an insane vocalist with some crazy control. But he completely lacks the talent to put any of that to proper use.
03:45 PM on 11/21/12
aquabayside
a light like no other
User Info.
Don't misconstrue things. He's a great "singer" in terms of the fact that he can hit high notes and has that R&B flow to his voice. He's a horrible vocalist though. A vocalist knows how to structure their melodies to flow with the song and carry the listener places, giving the song some kind of semblance to a story or emotion. Craig has no flow, no construction. He just fits his vocals into random patterns to go over music and it carries you no where. He's an incredibly mediocre vocalist thats being carried by his pretty voice.

My exact thoughts. Well-put sir.
03:48 PM on 11/21/12
rushour144
User Info.
NOPE, I refuse. I only came on here to hate haha.

And, "...including the sure-to-be-lyrically-profound "You're Just Another Whore." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
04:07 PM on 11/21/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I completely agree with what you said, but you have to remember the individual we're talking about. Craig is so full of himself that he would never take into consideration that he doesn't know what he's doing, so he's perpetually going to be an incredibly mediocre vocalist thats basking in 16 year olds that just hear a pretty voice. I'm not sure I would use the word talent as when I was growing up in music class I was always taught talent is something you learn and ability is what you're born with. I.e, Craig was born with the ability to be an insane vocalist with some crazy control. But he completely lacks the talent to put any of that to proper use.
Yeah, we're just mincing words - I have no problem calling it "natural ability" or whatever - we both understand.
04:18 PM on 11/21/12
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
I can't believe AP continues to indulge this moron. Stop posting about him.
04:54 PM on 11/21/12
ChaseTx
I think what Jonny does is emulate vocals he's heard elsewhere without any technical knowledge of what he's doing.
05:48 PM on 11/21/12
Charles777
Feeling groovy
User Info.
Whores > Jonny Craig
06:09 PM on 11/21/12
lovemetal24
User Info.
What a douche
06:17 PM on 11/21/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
This guys voice is superb.

Also, video is down :(
06:17 PM on 11/21/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
I can't believe AP continues to indulge this moron. Stop posting about him.
JC brings a lot of hits and discussion (whether it be positive or negative) to AP. I think they'd be foolish to not cover him.

This guys voice is superb.

Also, video is down :(

I got the songs before they were taken down. I could put them back up somewhere for download if you want them.
07:28 PM on 11/21/12
pepster50
User Info.
JC brings a lot of hits and discussion (whether it be positive or negative) to AP. I think they'd be foolish to not cover him.

I got the songs before they were taken down. I could put them back up somewhere for download if you want them.
i want to hear !
07:37 PM on 11/21/12
hurricaneoflion
Music Photographer & Viking
User Info.
yes, please post them...video is down.
08:23 PM on 11/21/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
08:28 PM on 11/21/12
pepster50
User Info.
thanks !
08:45 PM on 11/21/12
specialeds281
Every word Handwritten.
User Info.
THANKS!

Really enjoyed these. Thanks again for posting, matey!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests