Username
Password
Video News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 67.
12:42 AM on 11/22/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Don't misconstrue things. He's a great "singer" in terms of the fact that he can hit high notes and has that R&B flow to his voice. He's a horrible vocalist though. A vocalist knows how to structure their melodies to flow with the song and carry the listener places, giving the song some kind of semblance to a story or emotion. Craig has no flow, no construction. He just fits his vocals into random patterns to go over music and it carries you no where. He's an incredibly mediocre vocalist thats being carried by his pretty voice.
I agree with almost everything you wrote, dude. That being said, I think that JC has a great voice, and quoting what Jack Appleby has written, "Jonny could be great with some training, he has absurd talent, and could be phenomenal and unmatched with half a brain and some dedication".
12:47 AM on 11/22/12
GetUpAndrew
User Info.
I completely agree with what you said, but you have to remember the individual we're talking about. Craig is so full of himself that he would never take into consideration that he doesn't know what he's doing, so he's perpetually going to be an incredibly mediocre vocalist thats basking in 16 year olds that just hear a pretty voice. I'm not sure I would use the word talent as when I was growing up in music class I was always taught talent is something you learn and ability is what you're born with. I.e, Craig was born with the ability to be an insane vocalist with some crazy control. But he completely lacks the talent to put any of that to proper use.
I agree also with this, dear Trashcore. Maybe it's my inner Downtown Battle Mountain/Relativity fan-boy that speaks in defense of JC's vocal abilities, but sadly it's undeniable that he's wasting his talent.
01:37 AM on 11/22/12
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
I agree also with this, dear Trashcore. Maybe it's my inner Downtown Battle Mountain/Relativity fan-boy that speaks in defense of JC's vocal abilities, but sadly it's undeniable that he's wasting his talent.
And it's truly depressing that thats how it is. With some proper training and some music classes or even a producer who can sit there and craft his instrument, Craig could be regarded as one of the best vocalists in the world. He has some serious chops that are rarely seen in this genre, let alone any genre. You can't help but blame the constant drug use for his lack of care towards his own ability. I really wish one day Craig cleans his act up and gets some help to put some amazing music. He has the ability to put together a really beautiful solo album if he just got the right people to help him out.

I have a similar wish for matty from a loss for words, I was really hopeful for his r&b solo project, but after I heard what hes made I was just incredibly let down. Maybe the dude from nsync will help him get to that point I hope for him, because hes another person with an insane vocal ability that needs to be put to proper use.

EDIT: I just thought of another way to put this. His vocal ability is the equivalent of a guitar player who can shred and play any song he's shown, but lacks the ability to put together a cohesive song on his own thats enjoyable to anyone other than technical guitarists.
02:16 AM on 11/22/12
AL1VE
Not Your Savior
User Info.
The video has been removed from Youtube. Anyone got a new link?
03:36 AM on 11/22/12
GetUpAndrew
User Info.
And it's truly depressing that thats how it is. With some proper training and some music classes or even a producer who can sit there and craft his instrument, Craig could be regarded as one of the best vocalists in the world. He has some serious chops that are rarely seen in this genre, let alone any genre. You can't help but blame the constant drug use for his lack of care towards his own ability. I really wish one day Craig cleans his act up and gets some help to put some amazing music. He has the ability to put together a really beautiful solo album if he just got the right people to help him out.

I have a similar wish for matty from a loss for words, I was really hopeful for his r&b solo project, but after I heard what hes made I was just incredibly let down. Maybe the dude from nsync will help him get to that point I hope for him, because hes another person with an insane vocal ability that needs to be put to proper use.

EDIT: I just thought of another way to put this. His vocal ability is the equivalent of a guitar player who can shred and play any song he's shown, but lacks the ability to put together a cohesive song on his own thats enjoyable to anyone other than technical guitarists.
The saddest part about this is that probably JC won't ever change. I've got this ugly feeling that he will forever be a wasted talent. How many times he has been in rehab? Has rehab been helpful for his career? Every time I read something about him, there's this quote from Fall Out Boy that suddenly comes to my mind: "Such wit without a conscience equipped". I think that this line taken from FOB's Fame < Infamy well describes Jonny.

As for Matthew Arsenault, I thought the same after hearing the first song he uploaded on YouTube. I mean, the song's fresh and catchy, but the first thing I thought after a couple of listens was: "If only he had dared more!"

EDIT: maybe there are a couple of grammar mistakes, if so, please apologize me, I'm not American nor English.
05:11 AM on 11/22/12
Djentleman
User Info.
if you don't think he can sing you're deaf\retarded
05:44 AM on 11/22/12
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
User Info.
I gave his 1st album another listen yesterday & i just think the more acoustic-style stuff suits him the best (as opposed to the r&b)
The way i see it, if he was to become just one of those straight-up "singers" (have someone write the music, melodies & hell, even the lyrics for him) as opposed to a "vocalist" (what? what am i even saying?), that would work out best for him over the next couple years.

Anyone know if he still makes up his lyrics & melodies on the spot like he did in the last demos?
06:37 AM on 11/22/12
bl0kh3d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

"could be regarded as one of the greatest singers in the world" ?!!?
who are you Simon Cowell?! WAKE UP EVERYONE!!

ok im finally over it. i have been a huge fan of this guy since there five track ep.and have been defending him every time i saw someone slandering him, i too was struck by his voice and thought it was godly when i was a younger, but over the years he hasn't refined anything talent wise, in fact i think his singing has gotten boring and sloppy as hell with melodies that are as well put together as say a heroin addict is..he did open the door to this sort of r&b vocal vibe for the scenecore kids to reproduce and perfect. Woe is me, alive in standby, in oceans, and a hundred more bands like these are doin what jonny did, and better, if anything i would think the singer from go radio is well on his way to surpassing jonny in the talent race they have similar voices and Jason isn't a drugged out train wreck . . there are a ton of incredibly talented up and comers that can take him off his( JC's) high horse if they chose to break away from there respective scene and go solo.. all this talk about him having the ability to be the greatest vocalist is just rubbish. he has the ability to not be an asswhole too, i dont see him taking advantage of that one.. the only reason this guy is still relavant is the stupid shit he is always pulling. . . im not sure what deal he made with the devil to keep people loving the turds he produces but i can finally say im washing my hands of this dude in the mindset that anything earth shatteringly mind blowing is going to come out of this guys career (which is what i would expect from a guy that can hold the title the worlds greatest singer) anymore, i think that time has come and gone
08:40 AM on 11/22/12
pepster50
User Info.
i was actually disappointed with these. Maybe they will grow on me but idk.
12:04 PM on 11/22/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
You are correct. He's stated (via twitter) that these songs will not be on his solo album.

Thanks for confirming!
12:39 PM on 11/22/12
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
I still don't get what people hear in his voice. It's boring.
01:32 PM on 11/22/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
scared to listen to these songs
01:35 PM on 11/22/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
"could be regarded as one of the greatest singers in the world" ?!!?
who are you Simon Cowell?! WAKE UP EVERYONE!!

ok im finally over it. i have been a huge fan of this guy since there five track ep.and have been defending him every time i saw someone slandering him, i too was struck by his voice and thought it was godly when i was a younger, but over the years he hasn't refined anything talent wise, in fact i think his singing has gotten boring and sloppy as hell with melodies that are as well put together as say a heroin addict is..he did open the door to this sort of r&b vocal vibe for the scenecore kids to reproduce and perfect. Woe is me, alive in standby, in oceans, and a hundred more bands like these are doin what jonny did, and better, if anything i would think the singer from go radio is well on his way to surpassing jonny in the talent race they have similar voices and Jason isn't a drugged out train wreck . . there are a ton of incredibly talented up and comers that can take him off his( JC's) high horse if they chose to break away from there respective scene and go solo.. all this talk about him having the ability to be the greatest vocalist is just rubbish. he has the ability to not be an asswhole too, i dont see him taking advantage of that one.. the only reason this guy is still relavant is the stupid shit he is always pulling. . . im not sure what deal he made with the devil to keep people loving the turds he produces but i can finally say im washing my hands of this dude in the mindset that anything earth shatteringly mind blowing is going to come out of this guys career (which is what i would expect from a guy that can hold the title the worlds greatest singer) anymore, i think that time has come and gone
well damn, suhn...for the record, I don't like Go Radio at all. no disrespect
07:20 PM on 11/22/12
atssawriiight!
fuck your mouth.
User Info.
this guy doesn't deserve the success he has.

such a waste of a human being.

fuck him.
02:03 AM on 11/23/12
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
this guy doesn't deserve the success he has.

such a waste of a human being.

fuck him.
fuck you.

....love you though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles