Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
04:26 PM on 11/21/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I actually been playing Speak in Code on repeat since yesterday. It's a grower and while I wanted something more along the lines of their debut and It's All In Your Head- this is a solid record.
01:33 PM on 11/22/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
idk for me I liked the album a lot at first but it has gotten worse for me with each listen. It has some really catchy songs and normally I don't complain about lyrics but the album is down right cheesy beyond believe which is something I never thought I would say about an Eve 6 album. Even Horroscope had more depth. Curtain, Moon, and Lost and Found are the only 3 songs I really care about from Speak In Code now.

Yeah the lyrics are a little bit too cheesy this time around but I do love Curtain. A lot. It came out when I went through the worst break up ever and I totally identified with the song (even though its written about the Oasis brothers splitting up) and you should check out the acoustic version cause its even better!

I really like Blood Brothers too aside from Moon and Lost & Found but you're right when you say how some songs are super cringe-worthy. "B.F.G.F" is pretty bad hah
07:01 PM on 11/22/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I like blood brothers a bit more than others but it is still pretty cheesy. Like I said though curtain is one of the better songs but this album comes off really rusty. I really hope Eve 6 continues with a stronger follow up.

I think they will. It's always a little awkward when a band records an album together for the first time in over 5+ years. I hope they drop the pop and make it more rock with stronger lyrics. I do think Max sounds great vocally on Code so I do give him kuddos on that.
10:53 PM on 11/22/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I will agree he sounds good. Horroscope was a great pop album because it still had fairly unique lyrics but Its All In Your Head was my personal favorite. At Least We're Dreaming was such a jam.

That's my favorite album too! Such a solid rock album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos