Username
Password
Eyeball Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Eyeball Records
Inside AP.net

AP.net Chat: Eyeball Records Staff

Posted by: Julia Conny (02/11/08)
Update: The chat is over. Thanks for participating! 2008 will be a big year for Eyeball Records, so stay tuned for new signings, releases and other projects.

The Eyeball Records staff will be chatting in this thread at approximately 8 p.m. EST. They will be chatting under the usernames Alex_Eyeball, MarcEyeball, JasonEyeball, Rocasek, JamesEyeball. They will also be using this opportunity to announce a new signing. If you don't know much about Eyeball, read up on the label here or see their full roster, past and present, here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 471.
04:52 PM on 02/11/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Alex Savaadra: Alex_Eyeball
Eyeball founder and co-owner. I'm the guy who babysits bands. i'm also one of the kids who is lucky enough to have discovered some pretty rad bands. I'm not a morning person so you will mostly see me out at night representing the label...usually by being inappropriate.

Marc Debiak: MarcEyeball
I'm the General Manager and co-owner. I supervise day to day operations as well as the overall label development and growth. I also spend large chunks of my time worrying about marketing, A&R, legal issues, finances, release scheduling and worldwide distribution. I clear out a large part of my day to manage an amazing band called Search/Rescue and an undiscovered genius of a producer/engineer named D James Goodwin.

Jason Debiak: JasonEyeball
I work mainly in new media, marketing, promotion, graphic design, am a proud Staples Rewards™ member and spearheaded Man Cat Week 2007. I wear many hats and am usually at the office till the wee hours because I get more pleasure out of working than having a social life. Sometimes I even eat. Watch out!

Zac Nadile: Rocasek
Zac "moving units" nadile (na-dil-ee): head of sales and retail. When not losing sleep at night thinking about the day humans stop buying cds, I'm usually working with our domestic and international distributors to make sure our records are getting onto store shelves. This includes, but is not limited to; attending dorky music conventions where people wear cell phones on the outside of their pants, examining and editting spreadsheets, many phone calls to people all over the world. It's not sexy, but it's a label necesity, and I love it.

James Wells: JamesEyeball
I connect dots on the marketing and promotion fronts and drink a lot of water causing frequent bathroom breaks, but as any good promo guy knows - hydration is key to idea cultivation. I used to be a major label guy, now I'm happy. Whammy!!!
04:52 PM on 02/11/08
DancePartyx3000
Been Here A While
User Info.
for us n00bs, how do i join the chat?

*edit*

or is it all going on within this thread like you said?

pwnt
04:55 PM on 02/11/08
areyoukiddingme
Yes.
User Info.
for us n00bs, how do i join the chat?

*edit*

or is it all going on within this thread like you said?

pwnt

thread.
04:55 PM on 02/11/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Hey guys!

So your website says four new signings ... when we will learn about all of these? Are they all Swedish?
04:57 PM on 02/11/08
areyoukiddingme
Yes.
User Info.
New signings! lets hear
04:57 PM on 02/11/08
mike l
el cielo es azul
User Info.
when do you expect e for explosion to hit the east coast back up, and how is the recording coming along for the full length?
04:58 PM on 02/11/08
As Derrick Rust
I'm getting too old for this shit.
User Info.
Find the old topic about it and find my reply. It's as easy as that.
04:59 PM on 02/11/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Find the old topic about it and find my reply. It's as easy as that.

I already asked, you were wrong.
05:00 PM on 02/11/08
frankenduck
User Info.
is frankenduck still part of the office team?
alex_eyeball
User Info.
hi everybody! (dr. nick voice)
Praetor
as we melt, let's make no noise.
User Info.
I just wanted to ask for information on the new signings. I also really want to know anything at all you can tell us about the new Pompeii album. Month to be released...how many songs...anything...?
Foosimoo
I don't know what to put here.
User Info.
I heard New London Fire a while ago randomly and thought they were pretty good. Just wondering what's up with these guys?
alex_eyeball
User Info.
yes frankenduck is still on one of the intern comps.
05:01 PM on 02/11/08
dylanluthier
User Info.
heres my question:

almost a year ago you went on a spree against several music blogs, including one a friend of mine owned. what exactly set you off that caused this retaliation? also, why did one or two of your artists (won't be named) disagree with it in the first place?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS