Username
Password
Fueled By Ramen News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 59 of 59.
09:00 AM on 11/26/12
HeyItsAllyssa
Graphic Designer / AllyssaMarae.com
User Info.
I had to throw my hat into the ring and bid. The TTTYG vinyl with training cards is legit :)
10:06 AM on 11/26/12
SureAsRain
The Motel Life / Michael
User Info.

Seriously, greatest response ever haha

/thread
10:26 AM on 11/26/12
relientkid777
User Info.
Its crazy how many bids the Paramore. Summer-Tic EP, is getting. I had that thing signed, and I lost it.
11:26 AM on 11/26/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
People are bidding a loooot of money on some of that stuff. Not worth it imo, especially since they are repressing both TTTYG and FUCT. Something about this seems kind of shady to me though. Is it really his decision to sell these?
12:51 PM on 11/26/12
xmxpxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this looks desperate. I'm sure he was given these as a priveldge. its disrepsectful to his prior employer and to these bands. stuff like this makes people not want to hire you again.
01:36 PM on 11/26/12
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
this looks desperate. I'm sure he was given these as a priveldge. its disrepsectful to his prior employer and to these bands. stuff like this makes people not want to hire you again.
Thanks for the insight! I actually wanted to open it up to fans to add to their collections, ran into some money troubles of my own and am donating a portion to the Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund. If you knew anything about me at all, you'd know I'm not an asshole looking for a quick buck for no reason.
02:11 PM on 11/26/12
megnla
My brain is 70% music lyrics
User Info.
Reminds me that I need to sell my 2 extra Summer Tic EPs
You could be really nice and sell me one for a decent price.
03:46 PM on 11/26/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
I am still pissed that I don't know where my Andy card went from when I bought tttyg on cd forever ago. I see Andy around occasionally and id have to pressure him into signing it Babe Ruth style. Haha
do it! i chit chatted with him at the house cafe once years ago, genuine dude.
03:48 PM on 11/26/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
i always heard great stuff about him from the powerspace dudes.
05:58 PM on 11/26/12
ZACHARIAS
User Info.
People are bidding a loooot of money on some of that stuff. Not worth it imo, especially since they are repressing both TTTYG and FUCT. Something about this seems kind of shady to me though. Is it really his decision to sell these?

Next time you guys are at one of these bands shows, the chicago bands in particular, ask the bands about Johnny. This guy was the back bone of the local Chicago scene that erupted all over the world essentially. He was a legit record store worker/ diy label starter, turned Label A&R because of his rep. His collection is not the product of promo nepotism, it was built out of love for music.

tl;dr: Go fuck yourself.
06:20 PM on 11/26/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Next time you guys are at one of these bands shows, the chicago bands in particular, ask the bands about Johnny. This guy was the back bone of the local Chicago scene that erupted all over the world essentially. He was a legit record store worker/ diy label starter, turned Label A&R because of his rep. His collection is not the product of promo nepotism, it was built out of love for music.

tl;dr: Go fuck yourself.
Not claiming he is a bad guy or anything, just questioning whether he has the authority to sell band copies of albums that I assume belonged to the label as well as other stuff. That coupled with the (now deleted) news post about him trying to start up his new business just seemed like too much of a coincidence to be unrelated. Don't really care either way as I will not be buying this stuff.

EDIT: Seems I also misunderstood how some of these were listed. I thought he was selling ALL of these limited items (e.g. 20/20 ever made), and didn't realize that this was his one personal copy that was given to him. Nothing wrong with that I guess.
06:14 AM on 11/27/12
mikenewsbears
Bad News Bears / Mike
User Info.

Thanks for the insight! I actually wanted to open it up to fans to add to their collections, ran into some money troubles of my own and am donating a portion to the Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund. If you knew anything about me at all, you'd know I'm not an asshole looking for a quick buck for no reason.

Johnny is responsible for FBR releasing some of everyone's favorite albums of all time on this site. Show some respect.

Also, didn't know you parted ways with the label Johnny. Best of luck with everything in the future, brother!
06:24 AM on 11/27/12
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
Not claiming he is a bad guy or anything, just questioning whether he has the authority to sell band copies of albums that I assume belonged to the label as well as other stuff. That coupled with the (now deleted) news post about him trying to start up his new business just seemed like too much of a coincidence to be unrelated. Don't really care either way as I will not be buying this stuff.

EDIT: Seems I also misunderstood how some of these were listed. I thought he was selling ALL of these limited items (e.g. 20/20 ever made), and didn't realize that this was his one personal copy that was given to him. Nothing wrong with that I guess.
All good. Be cool!
06:37 PM on 11/28/12
EmoPunkKid28
User Info.
Man. Was really trying to get that Stereo vinyl. But reached my limit, bummer! =(
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests