Username
Password
Sum41 News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 87 of 87.
06:58 AM on 11/27/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Their first 2 records come at splits for me between high school and college and all the awkward growth that comes in those times, and the music that gets you through it. I actually got my first BJ listening to "Over My Head."

Now that I think about it, there's a joke in there somewhere.
Haha, excellent.
07:09 AM on 11/27/12
Kyle Thrash
@thrash_itup
User Info.
My friends and I got the DJ at our middle school dance to play "Hell Song" for us. We moshed. Later on we were crowd surfing to a Blink-182 track and 2 of us got kicked out. My dad was a chaperone and was little disappointed but wasn't really pissed, he knew we were just being kids.

We built a half pipe in my buddies barn that summer and skated to this album more than any other. NOFX "I Heard They Suck Live" was a close second.

This is a fantastic album.
08:14 AM on 11/27/12
Skumfuk41
Jesus of Suburbia
User Info.
Love this album so much. Not my favourite record from them (tied between 'All Killer, No Filler' and 'Screaming Bloody Murder') but it was still brilliant nonetheless. 'The Hell Song', 'Still Waiting', 'Over My Head (Better Off Dead)' and 'Billy Spleen' are such killer tunes.
10:33 AM on 11/27/12
sven_sg
User Info.
i have only good memories about this record. The videos are still awesome and funny every time i watch them ^^.
11:04 AM on 11/27/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
one of the first albums i've ever listened to, i miss those times when i used to hear "Still Waiting" everywhere. i haven't listened to this band since they released their 2011 album (which i didn't like) but i think Chuck is still my favorite one. now i want to put their live cd album on
12:26 PM on 11/27/12
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
I dig AKNF way more but I liked this album a lot, and the "Still Waiting" music video is amazing.
02:17 PM on 11/27/12
Tim Lincecum
Scotch and water. Hold the Scotch
User Info.
this album was awesome at the time, might have to bust it back out one of these days, chuck was also great but I think this is my favorite of theirs from start to finish, I wish Dave was still with them, but I guess every band runs its course
03:31 PM on 11/27/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
this and chuck were my favourite sum albums
09:21 PM on 11/27/12
tdlyon
User Info.
Just got back from the show and it was fucking amazing, though they only did about 6 songs from DTLI?, which was weird, but didn't bother me at all.
10:32 AM on 11/28/12
WestBroRaptist
User Info.
...so thats why I say "smoke 'em up, Johnny" ...I'd completely forgotten why I do that.
08:47 AM on 12/03/12
EffigyOMA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Chuck" really is an exception. I haven't really liked any of their albums except "Chuck." I can't listen to "All Killer" or "Infected" anymore because they feel like something I listened to when I was 15 and didn't hold up. "Chuck" does though and it's probably their least original work--it feels more like a tribute to every band and artist that influenced them and it works.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests