AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9.5
Musicianship 9.25
Lyrics 9.25
Production 8.75
Creativity 9
Lasting Value 8
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 90%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love

Reviewed by: flipside (02/12/08)
City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love
Record Label: Dine Alone Records / Vagrant Records
Release Date: February 12, 2008

Ever since the release of Sometimes, Dallas Green fans have eagerly been awaiting another breakthrough release. Bring Me Your Love attempts to give the fans more of Green's ingenious lyrics mixed in with spine tingling instrumentals. It's safe to say that he has come very close, but some may see it as a different style approach.

After listening to this album for a day straight, I noticed that Green attempts to establish an even more "out on the front porch" feel. Also, he has added a beautiful vocal accompaniment, as can be heard best in "Constant Knot." Gordon Downie of The Tragically Hip also lends his vocals in "Sleeping Sickness." This is a change from the solo vocals of his past albums, but believe me, it's a good change. The majority of the album has a more mellow vibe, such as in "Against the Grain," "Confessions," and "Sensible Heart." He has, however, mixed in some upbeat songs, including "Waiting..." and "The Death of Me." Harmonicas and organs also add into the mix in order to make for a different style some may have been searching for. It seems as though he may be leaning towards more of the folk sound on some of his songs.

Keeping mostly on the course of his traditional style, Green has yet again released an album that is sure to find its home in many CD players everywhere. With catchy choruses and a fantastic harmonious atmosphere, this is definitely in my top 10 for this year. Even if you were a fan of Green's past work, you may find that you need to adjust to the different vibe that this album gives off. Once you do, however, you just might find it to be one of the albums you can't live without.

myspace.com/dallasgreen

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
09:42 AM on 02/24/08
hxchairstylist
Hair on Mars
User Info.
I agree with the review, but no mention of "the girl"??? That song is off the charts good... Either way, nice work.
07:28 AM on 06/03/08
cereal4life
User Info.
I can live without this album.
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles