Copied and pasted from the MO thread, but with youtube links added in case anybody fancies checking out a song.
1. The Twilight Sad - No One Can Ever Know
RIYL: Dark, Industrial, shoegaze, post-punk
2 Xavier Rudd - Spirit Bird
RIYL: Folk with a huge world/aboriginal influence
3. Errors - Have Some Faith In Magic
RIYL: Electonic-y post rock. Mogwai
4. Sigur Ros - Valtari
RIYL: Sigur Ros' more ambient side
5. Mickey Factz - Mickey MauSe
RIYL: A concept mixtape with Deadmau5 beats
6. Meursault - Something for the Weakened
RIYL: Really dark Scottish indie-folk
7. Capsule - Stereo Worxxx
RIYL: Energetic and dancey electronica
8. Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
RIYL: The Boss after a night drinking Guinness
9. Desolate - Celestial Light Beings
RIYL: Minimal ambient, Burial-esque dubstep
10. Passion Pit - Gossamer
11. Michael Kiwanuka - Home Again
RIYL: A Beautifully old-school sounding soul album
12. Japandroids - Celebration Rock
RIYL: Fun rock n roll about enjoying life.
13. Admiral Fallow - Tree Bursts In Snow
RIYL: Scottish indie-folk that's considerably lighter than Meursault
14. Nas - Life Is Good
RIYL: Probably the best thing Nas has done since Illmatic.
15. The Menzingers - On the Impossible Past
RIYL: The meeting point between pop-punk and orgcore
16. Jenny Owen Youngs - An Unwavering Band of light
RIYL: A great female singer-songwriter doing pop-rock well.
17. Rufus Wainwright - Out of the Game
RIYL: An expansive and rich sounding baroque pop album
18. Esperenza Spalding - Radio Music Society
RIYL: Jazz-y but very soulful and poppy singer.
19. Olafur Arnalds - Another Happy Day
RIYL: Beautiful classical music, strings and piano.
20. Sucioperro - Fused
RIYL: Aggressive post-grunge-y sort of stuff. Biffy Clyro