AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:44 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
luckykaruba
Jazz Baby
Female - 28 Years Old
It's an exchange, not a countdown. People lose interest because you ascribe each day with one tape; it could be weeks before someone finds something they enjoy. Always thought it'd be better to set a deadline and a single post date, then let everyone pick and choose what they want to hear and discuss at their own accord. But la di da.

I like this.
08:59 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I love the idea of just posting them in waves. Let people grab ones from users they know or artists they've always been curious about, etc, rather than feeling like they're duty-bound to listen to each one in order.
08:59 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Also, George, I have literally never heard a Bjork song. Jussaying.
09:15 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 24 Years Old
Want me to add you both to the reserve list in case we get drop-outs and all that?

Yeah, what the hell. Throw my name on there.

Got damn I almost PM'd you too. I gotta quit fucking up.

It's all good. Not entirely sure who I'd pick anyway.
09:21 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
I love the idea of just posting them in waves. Let people grab ones from users they know or artists they've always been curious about, etc, rather than feeling like they're duty-bound to listen to each one in order.
Also like this idea the more people say it.
09:27 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
everyone guess who im doing

Irish folk singer known primarily in the US for a pop hit that still gets played to death on oldies radio who also released one of the most brilliant records of his generation/all time?
09:33 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Star Slight
Irish folk singer known primarily in the US for a pop hit that still gets played to death on oldies radio who also released one of the most brilliant records of his generation/all time?

Duhh
09:35 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member

Very interested to see what you come up with. I'd have trouble picking anything not on Astral Weeks personally, but that's just me.
09:38 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Wish someone had PM'd or texted me to do this. Though Craig is prob going to steal my guy anyway. Bummer.

You had me feeling really bad about myself until I saw that you made it in, haha. If you want Chad, by all means, you have first dibs. He'd be a great one to do though, and I was certainly considering him. Bet you could guess the other guys on my shortlist, too.

As long as Motorcycle Drive By is there, your balls are safe.

"Motorcycle Drive By" is my first Third Eye Blind song on any mixtape. Songs tears me the fuck up, but I still love it.
09:42 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Ari Christos
blowin on that endo
Baltimore, MD
Male - 22 Years Old

Always got my back
09:42 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Also, this thread blew the hell up in my absence. Glad I got my foot in the door early.
09:43 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
El_Jeffe
In Love With It All
New Zealand
Male - 27 Years Old
Also, George, I have literally never heard a Bjork song. Jussaying.

Mate?! Just when you think you know a bloke! Haha. George will blow your mind if he is making Bjork mix, he'll pick em right I'm sure.
09:44 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm beginning to entertain thoughts of doing a different artist. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with the one I'm trying to whittle down to five
09:45 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
Wexford, Ireland
Male - 21 Years Old
Just look at the last mixtape exchange, don't think it even finished did it? Or if it did interest was lost very quickly, that being said, these are much shorter. I still think a limit is a good idea at least initially, if people take to the first 25 and not get bored then just carry it on starting with those who have also put their name down for reserve or whatever, but I wouldn't be surprised if people do lose the interest before that stage. Just happens.

Nope. 4 of the 20 that said they'd participate never submitted a mix.

While I think these will be a lot easier to digest, I have a feeling that after the first 10 or so people will start losing interest fast.
09:45 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Mate?! Just when you think you know a bloke! Haha. George will blow your mind if he is making Bjork mix, he'll pick em right I'm sure.

Hey Craig, completely off-topic, but I've been meaning to ask you for a while: what's the best Crowded House record to start with?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos