Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Valentine's Day Doesn't Have to Suck with TWLOHA

Posted by: Julia Conny (02/13/08)
Jamie Tworkowski, founder of To Write Love On Her Arms, will be chatting on AP.net this Thursday, Feb. 14th. The chat will start at 8 p.m. EST. Read the press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 63.
11:57 AM on 02/13/08
princesschad
sowing season
User Info.
Awesome, can't wait!
11:59 AM on 02/13/08
Seamoon
User Info.
You spelt Twrokowski wrong, not that I give a crap nor know who he his. And the URL's wrong.

Also, can I add what's so good about this guy/group?
12:03 PM on 02/13/08
ShatteredxGlass
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
cant wait =]
12:04 PM on 02/13/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
“Valentine’s Day Doesn't Have to Suck"
Absolutepunk.net Live Interactive Chat With
To Write Love on Her Arms Founder
Jamie Tworkowski on Valentine’s Day @ 8pm EST

Write Love On Her Arms will be spending Valentine’s Day evening conducting a live interactive chat with the online community of AbsolutePunk.net.

Jamie Tworkowski will be logging on at 8pm EST to speak with people about anything they have on their minds. To chat with Jamie, all you need to do is register with the AbsolutePunk.net and start posting questions or comments in the chat thread that is located on the main page.

TWLOHA is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for those struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.

To Write Love on Her Arms began in Orlando, FL in February 2006 as a (written) story, the true story of five days spent with a friend who was denied entry into a drug treatment center. The story was a look at those five days, and the t-shirts were printed and sold initially as a way to pay for our friend's treatment.

"We talk a lot about honest conversations and community. We talk a lot about issues that most people don't talk much about. We believe that depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide are important issues because these are issues that affect people. We believe people are super important - a lot more important than t-shirts or hype... We believe everyone has a story and every story matters. We also think music is pretty great in its ability to move people. Absolutepunk.net is a site that represents all of those things. When they reached out to TWLOHA about doing a live chat, we were super excited. So, why Valentine's Day? Well, we've learned that holidays are difficult days for a lot of people. If the thing that everyone else is celebrating is something that's missing from your life - that's not a lot of fun. We've done our best to speak to that and to try to do so in an honest way. So let's spend Valentine’s Day together and let's have a go at an honest conversation," says To Write Love On Her Arms founder, Jamie Tworkowski.

The AbsolutePunk.net interactive chat will allow fans to talk directly to Jamie. Past industry chats have included Kevin Lyman, the staff of Hopeless Records and bands such as New Found Glory, All Time Low, The Audition, Straylight Run, Set Your Goals and many more. The chats continue to be very successful, gathering thousands of views and responses.

For more information on To Write Love On Her Arms please stop by www.twloha.com or visit us on MySpace at www.myspace.com/towriteloveonherarms. If you are interested in seeing Jamie speak live you can check him out on the upcoming Switchfoot tour.

Switchfoot / TWLOHA dates
27-Mar San Antonio, TX Laurie Auditorium
30-Mar New Orleans, LA House of Blues
3-Apr North Myrtle Beach, SC House of Blues
7-Apr Waukesha, WI Shattuck Auditorium, Carroll College
8-Apr Indianapolis, IN University of Indianapolis
11-Apr Peoria, IL Peoria Civic Center Arena
17-Apr Poplar Bluff, MO Black River Coliseum
18-Apr Troy, AL Trojan Arena
19-Apr Hattiesburg, MS Reed Green Coliseum
20-Apr Huntsville, AL Spraggins Hall
25-Apr Estero, FL Germain Arena
26-Apr West Palm Beach, FL Sound Advice Amphitheater
27-Apr Charlottesville, VA Charlottesville Pavilion
1-May Ocean City, NJ Ocean City Music Pier
2-May Stamford, CT Palace Theater
3-May Piscataway, NY Rutgers Athletic Center
4-May Rochester, NY Roberts Wesleyan College
12:06 PM on 02/13/08
brentkid
I am no king.
User Info.
You spelt Twrokowski wrong, not that I give a crap nor know who he his. And the URL's wrong.

Educate yourself before you open your mouth next time.
12:11 PM on 02/13/08
llmp
Incorrigality
User Info.
Uh oh...
12:11 PM on 02/13/08
thefirewithin
In Exile
User Info.

This guy has done AlOT of good for AlOT of people, don't be an idiot... read the press release in the replies and then go here. www.twloha.com
12:12 PM on 02/13/08
Lauren1
User Info.
I can't wait!

See you guys then!
12:14 PM on 02/13/08
annieface x
User Info.
can't wait either :D
12:14 PM on 02/13/08
shy_one
User Info.
can't wait.
12:17 PM on 02/13/08
~Baiana~
User Info.
looking forward.

~ B.
12:18 PM on 02/13/08
tonymaroni
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ill be here at 7:59 sharp
12:19 PM on 02/13/08
katherine2234
User Info.
cool!
12:22 PM on 02/13/08
xfantabulousx
Title and Registration
User Info.
sweet. i can't wait.

also, there are girls who are actually writing the word love on their arms at my school. is this actually a part of the activism, or are they just doing it because of the name of the organization? i haven't read it anywhere, but then again, i haven't gone looking for it either.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS