AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:32 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Exactly what I thought and wanted to post. If the trailer ended with a Transformers 4 title card, first, no one would even question that. And second, everyone would be shitting on it.

I would question why they were putting a Transformers card on something that clearly wasn't a Transformers movie, but maybe that's just me.
08:33 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I guarantee 100% that if Del Toro wasn't directing this people wouldn't defend the shit trailer so aggressively. Maybe they shouldn't have chosen a dark, rainy and foggy as fuck scene to showcase. I can admit the scene in the snow with the robot falling next to the people looks cool, but the fight scene looks like a muddy mess and the fact that everyone is so excited over being able to see a robot throw a punch is more telling than anything.

Wait, what? So if someone completely different was behind it people would think about it differently? Well...yeah, no shit. People know Del Toro has a good track record so they have faith in what this limited sneak peak presents. I don't get how that doesn't make sense to you.
03:52 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
If you showed the same exact trailer but it said "from director Michael Bay" everyone would go "well fuck this LOOKS terrible." but since it says Del Toro, they say it looks phenomenal. People have such a chub for Del Toro that they can't even accept that it looks like a mess.

The movie could be great, all I'm saying is that trailer is terrible and took my excitement from a 10 to a 2.

It's even more disappointing to me that it's a Del Toro movie, who has such a unique look to his movies with practical effects and now we're going to get this CG clusterfuck.

Or people think the trailer looks good because it isn't a mess and you can tell what's going on. But nah, that can't be it.
09:27 AM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I'd say the movies he directs are always good. The things he produces are hit and miss.

Good distinction, I'd agree with that.
03:36 PM on 05/16/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I have the weirdest boner right now...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music