AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

03:07 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Wasn't the trailer supposed to come out today?
07:09 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Did anybody spot Charlie Day? It looked like he could have been a dude wearing glasses, but I can't tell for sure.

Yeah, that was him.
01:34 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
If you showed the same exact trailer but it said "from director Michael Bay" everyone would go "well fuck this LOOKS terrible." but since it says Del Toro, they say it looks phenomenal. People have such a chub for Del Toro that they can't even accept that it looks like a mess.

The movie could be great, all I'm saying is that trailer is terrible and took my excitement from a 10 to a 2.

It's even more disappointing to me that it's a Del Toro movie, who has such a unique look to his movies with practical effects and now we're going to get this CG clusterfuck.

You realize that most of the idiots who go see movies love mindless action and non stop CG/explosions, right? This could just be a marketing ploy so a big-budget movie actually makes some money. I'd bet on the actual movie having a more nuanced story (and blimpcity has pretty much already confirmed this).
01:47 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Sorry, but you can't "confirm" the story without seeing the movie.

I'm assuming from the comments he's made that he's read the script. So actually, yes, you can.
09:29 PM on 07/06/13 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Damn now I know what candy to get before I go see it Thursday night. I still wish they made Butterfinger BB's though.
/Bart Simpson nodding his head
05:04 PM on 07/18/13 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Didn't love it. The kaiju and jaegers were cool and the visuals were top notch but the only characters/relationship that interested me was between Marshall Pentecost and Mori. Still pretty fun. Ron Perlman's character was almost unforgivably superfluous, though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos