Male - 23 Years Old
It's basically Evangelion really if you're going to nitpick
01:10 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
flask
Registered Member
California
Male - 24 Years Old
Isn't every boy's childhood pretty much just them imagining they had a giant robot to fight shit in?

I still think about this.
01:27 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
Pittsburgh
Male - 24 Years Old
Wait, what? So if someone completely different was behind it people would think about it differently? Well...yeah, no shit. People know Del Toro has a good track record so they have faith in what this limited sneak peak presents. I don't get how that doesn't make sense to you.

If you showed the same exact trailer but it said "from director Michael Bay" everyone would go "well fuck this LOOKS terrible." but since it says Del Toro, they say it looks phenomenal. People have such a chub for Del Toro that they can't even accept that it looks like a mess.

The movie could be great, all I'm saying is that trailer is terrible and took my excitement from a 10 to a 2.

It's even more disappointing to me that it's a Del Toro movie, who has such a unique look to his movies with practical effects and now we're going to get this CG clusterfuck.
01:34 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
If you showed the same exact trailer but it said "from director Michael Bay" everyone would go "well fuck this LOOKS terrible." but since it says Del Toro, they say it looks phenomenal. People have such a chub for Del Toro that they can't even accept that it looks like a mess.

The movie could be great, all I'm saying is that trailer is terrible and took my excitement from a 10 to a 2.

It's even more disappointing to me that it's a Del Toro movie, who has such a unique look to his movies with practical effects and now we're going to get this CG clusterfuck.

You realize that most of the idiots who go see movies love mindless action and non stop CG/explosions, right? This could just be a marketing ploy so a big-budget movie actually makes some money. I'd bet on the actual movie having a more nuanced story (and blimpcity has pretty much already confirmed this).
01:37 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male

IMO, his best stuff that he directed or wrote was either all of his spanish stuff, or the Hellboy series. He even executive produced Biutiful, an awesome depressing movie starring Javier Bardem.
01:38 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
You realize that most of the idiots who go see movies love mindless action and non stop CG/explosions, right? This could just be a marketing ploy so a big-budget movie actually makes some money. I'd bet on the actual movie having a more nuanced story (and blimpcity has pretty much already confirmed this).

Sorry, but you can't "confirm" the story without seeing the movie.
01:47 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

I'm assuming from the comments he's made that he's read the script. So actually, yes, you can.
02:52 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old

Or people think the trailer looks good because it isn't a mess and you can tell what's going on. But nah, that can't be it.
02:58 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
JesusV2
So it goes
ACTUALLY South Korea
Male - 23 Years Old
Seriously don't know if I can get past Glados
03:05 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
secretsociety92
secretsociety92 for last.fm & Xbox
England!!
Male - 21 Years Old
Like the look of this, though I personally would prefer to see a Hellboy 3. Dying to see that series conclude.
03:11 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm assuming from the comments he's made that he's read the script. So actually, yes, you can.
Bingo. It's certainly out there. The script was the final draft before being sent to GDT and his team for final doctoring and edits, but it was still solid. The entire trailer matches up perfectly with scenes from the script. Even the kaiju that have been seen so far have matched up with descriptions from the script. Hunnam and Kikuchi's character's each have a rich backstory that brings some heart to the script within the context of this war. It's definitely action-packed, but there really is a lot of substance and solid character development for the main characters. Beacham didn't seem like the best choice at first, but the action scenes are well-written and just epic in scale. Either way, the casting is perfect for how I read the characters.

Like the look of this, though I personally would prefer to see a Hellboy 3. Dying to see that series conclude.
Yeah. GDT said he wants to make it, but he's having trouble finding someone to finance the movie with the $100 million+ budget that he desires for production.
04:13 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 22 Years Old
Seriously don't know if I can get past Glados

This and Charlie Day. He will always be the Wild Card forever trying to bang the Waitress, and she will always be the one who lied about cake.
04:54 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Or people think the trailer looks good because it isn't a mess and you can tell what's going on. But nah, that can't be it.

Yup. The whole "if this was a Michael Bay film, everyone would be shitting on it" argument is super weak. Uh yeah, that is because Michael Bay has proven to be a shitty storyteller and can make even $200 million movies boring. But the same cant be said for GDT. He has a loyal following for a reason. This isn't Transformers and this isn't Michael Bay, and that's why some people are (gasp!!) actually intrigued.
10:54 PM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
Rimjob

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music