Password
Triple Crown Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 233.
05:06 PM on 11/28/12
nickpizzolato
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys!

Question for Nick from MovMou: We know that the album you guys are working on is stylistically different than Waves, but if you had to describe it in a few words, how would you do so?

Thanks for taking the time to do this, everyone!
Hard to sum up in a few words. I'd say its less "aggressive" than Waves. We tried a lot of things we've never done before as well. It's a bit softer around the edges.
05:06 PM on 11/28/12
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
MovMou: Will you guys be busting out any "rare" songs from Waves on the upcoming tour, such as Full Circle, or Furnace Woods? I say rare because I can't remember any setlists you guys recently played with either of them on it.
05:07 PM on 11/28/12
nickpizzolato
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dear MM, what happened to that awesome half-sized lightbox you used to have 5 years ago? Saw you play a firehouse show a long, long time ago and it was a pretty epic part of your set.
We got rid of those suckers a long time ago. Actually, I think Greg still has them somewhere. They weren't the most reliable and required a lot of time to setup. I'd love to bring back some custom lighting in the future, but I think we'd do it differently now.
05:07 PM on 11/28/12
CaspianPhil
Phil/Caspian
User Info.
Gonna give Caspian some love here.

Phil, what's your favorite song on the new album and why?
Gone In Bloom and Bough.

Hard to explain why... It just hits the right spot for me personally and it crystallized a lot of what we were trying to go for with this record in terms of nuance, depth and restraint.
05:08 PM on 11/28/12
Deathco_019
User Info.
Also for MovMou, will you guys be busting out a new song on the Triple Crown tour?
goodtennis!
User Info.
For O'Brother: I want to know where the origin of the term "Bangover" came from because it's all too brilliant. I saw you guys kill it at the Rave in Milwaukee opening for Thrice. Way too good.

Also have seen Moving Mountains play while Greg had the flu opening up for Polar Bear Club and though it was obviously affecting him, they played a great set. Wouldn't shake my hand either because he was sick but we had a genuine convo. Good guy. Hope to those guys in Fargo or Minneapolis again while 100 percent healthy!Actually, I would go if all three of you bands came.
O'BrotherTanner
Tanner/O'Brother
User Info.
we've been writing pretty heavily recently and we just solidified definite plans for recording in january. we have no idea how long it will take us but yes, we will have another full-length out next year.
dontswimtoshore
User Info.
Phil: the subtle vocals on "Gone in Bloom and Bough" are such a great addition. is that something you'd been thinking of adding to Caspian for a while, or did you just feel it was necessary for this particular song?

will we be hearing more cryptic vocals in future Caspian releases?

Gotta say, your listening party was probably the best live experience I had in 2013. Waking Season is crazy good, very much a "get into it at 2am" record as you had suggested.

Cheers for being awesome. Stoked for the 12/7 show.
obscurityknocks
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
to all: what are some of your favorite film scores?
O'BrotherJordan
User Info.
holla
05:09 PM on 11/28/12
branchesofpaper
say you don't know if you don't.
User Info.
Moving Mountains: In addition to "Deathco_019's" question, have you ever played Furnace Woods live? Why not recently? (from my understanding). It's my favorite!
05:09 PM on 11/28/12
CaspianPhil
Phil/Caspian
User Info.
To Caspian: Why did you guys decide to sign with Triple Crown?
Change is good. Got nothing but love for The Mylene Sheath and always will, but we wanted to switch things up and see what was going on outside of the Post-Rock community with this release and try and catch some fresh ears. And to be perfectly honest, we are huge fans of Moving Mountains and o'brother and felt like it made a ton of sense.
05:10 PM on 11/28/12
Deathco_019
User Info.
Gone In Bloom and Bough.

Hard to explain why... It just hits the right spot for me personally and it crystallized a lot of what we were trying to go for with this record in terms of nuance, depth and restraint.
I completely agree with you. Hope to see that song next week!

If it amounts to anything, Halls Of The Summer and Long The Desert Mile are my other favorites. Maybe if they're yours too we can be twinsies.
CaspianPhil
Phil/Caspian
User Info.
Caspian: If you could name two musical influences from the latest record, who would they be?
They'd be vastly different for all of us. Personally I would say Four Tet and Tim Hecker.
O'BrotherJordan
User Info.
to all: what are some of your favorite film scores?
There Will Be Blood: Jonny Greenwood
The Fountain: Clint Mansell
Braveheart: James Horner
Inception: Hans Zimmer

to name a few..
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music