AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
10:34 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Liking it so far. I think the only thing I dislike is not being able to see Music/Podcasts at once because I'll forget I have new Podcasts to listen to.

This is the way to go pre-streaming service in 2013 though. Continue to blend into Rdio's design
10:38 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Dear Apple: Please buy Rdio.
Right? The designs seem to be meshing together, Rdio is only losing traction (it feels like, at least) to Spotify even though they're greatly improving, and 100B in da bank.

Please.
10:47 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Per my complain: You can go to show > turn on sidebar. phew
11:04 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
There was a rumor for a while Microsoft was gonna make a play for Rdio. I think Apple's belief is they can do what Rdio is doing themselves -- and with the iCloud streaming and everything now -- we might be getting close to that kind fo thing from iTunes.

I'm now using Rdio for about 99% of my music listening on a daily basis. I only use iTunes to keep track of podcasts, play pre-release albums, and as a media server for TV/Movies on my Apple TV. Besides that, it just kinda sits open most days. The Rdio catalog is just too perfect to add a bunch of shit to my queue - hit play - and forget about it.
There's no doubt in my mind that Apple thinks they can do it better than Rdio, and I don't necessarily doubt it either. They'd probably rather champion that they did it themselves and kill Rdio, Spotify, and Pandora in the process of doing it.

I just really like Rdio's new updates.
11:23 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Me too. But I also believe there's a place for both. Heh, at the moment I have no problem with my current workflow.

Rdio for most music listening at home on any computer, or AirPlay to other speakers. iTunes as a media server for any TV or Movies I download. NOW if I could store all those in iCloud and save space on my computer ... that would be pretty cool. iTunes Match my West Wing collection. Save 500 GB. Haha.
Sidenote. I wish there was an iCloud.app on all Apple devices
11:40 AM on 11/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
What would the iCloud app do?
I don't know. Just being able to manage music, documents, photos, videos, etc, etc would be much easier in my mind that way - at least in iOS. I see that complaint a lot for the iPhone
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests