Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
09:44 AM on 11/30/12
ShotgunGold
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't have anything that rare because I don't like over-spending for vinyl. And I don't really care about pressings.

I've got an old press of The Stone Roses first album. Dunno if it's first press or not but it's definitely 1989.

My favourite band growing up were Lostprophets so I would love to have their LPs on vinyl (I've got Weapons). Also Oasis, Alexisonfire, Jimmy Eat World. I would love Twin Atlantic's, Young Gun's and Gallows' first LP to be pressed (in Gallows case repressed) as I would love to have them too.
09:48 AM on 11/30/12
ShotgunGold
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For all those looking for the Charlie Simpson record, I just bought it here: https://www.imusic.dk/12inch/5050954...lgrim-12-vinyl

The store is located in Denmark, and the price is around $30. I'm pretty sure they ship to the US.

Thanks for that link man! Had no idea this was ever pressed. Can't believe it's available in Denmark and not in the UK!!

I do know some of his music got burned in a fire in a warehouse in North London but I wasn't sure if that was all vinyl or all CDs.

That reminds me would love to see Fightstar's debut pressed in all.
11:12 AM on 11/30/12
ShotgunGold
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
my first pressing of the velvet underground and nico. found at at a flea market for 15 bucks

Are you fucking serious??!

One of those went for auction for £4,500. Think it was 2007 or 2008. I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything 'special' about it though it was a while back.
Edit: Actually sorry that one was signed by Warhol. One normal one first pressing did sell for £700 a while back though on eBay apparently.

I also know that one of the bootleg pressings that started with European Son went for $155,000.00
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS