Username
Password

07:45 PM on 02/26/08 
User Info.
reductiondesign
////////
Phoenix, AZ
Male - 24 Years Old
Also, I forget whether you're a Bunuel fan or not but they accidentally put up formatting for a Five French Films of Luis Bunuel boxset the other day and then hastily took it down; so be on the lookout for that.

Oh wow. Source, maybe? Not doubting you; just curious for more information.

Is it supposed to be on Eclipse, or a Criterion set?
08:18 PM on 02/26/08 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
Oh wow. Source, maybe? Not doubting you; just curious for more information.

Is it supposed to be on Eclipse, or a Criterion set?
I just saw the formatting up with a blank image and that "Also available in the Five French Films of Luis Bunuel," however the link just went to an error for a nonexistent link It was up for about six hours and then taken down. The formatting appeared next to the ones they've already released (Diary of a Chambermaid, The Milky Way, The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, The Phantom of Liberty, That Obscure Object of Desire) so I assume it will just be a Criterion re-release with single packaging, although I hope there are even more special features and new artwork. Personally I'm not a huge fan of two or three of those films but for a reasonable price I would consider picking it up. I'll post something in here if it materializes.

My personal conspiracy theory is that this will pave the way for The Four Mexican Films of Luis Bunuel plus Tristana. Janus owns the distribution rights for Tristana, Simon of the Desert, and The Exterminating Angel at a minimum and there are rumours that they also have the rights to El and The Criminal Life of Archibaldo de la Cruz. It's only a matter of time before the first three show up and it would be appropriate to bring out two big Bunuel boxes within the same timeframe.
08:33 PM on 02/27/08 
User Info.
-Aaron-
^_^
Chicago mane.
Male - 27 Years Old
I picked up Burden of Dreams and 3 Films by Louis Malle (Finally had enough extra money to get it) I love Au Revoir Les Enfants and Murmur of the Heart. I haven't seen Lacombe Lucien yet but from what I've read about it, it sounds great.
07:54 AM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
The 3-disc Seven Samurai is currently on sale for $27 at Amazon.
08:22 AM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
Ravenna
flinching
done.
thank you.
08:37 AM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
Ravenna
flinching
theres also a 'new' copy of Salo on Amazon for only $100. I'm considering buying it and selling it for much much more money.
08:49 AM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
theres also a 'new' copy of Salo on Amazon for only $100. I'm considering buying it and selling it for much much more money.
1. Could be a fake (there are blogs demonstrating how to tell).
2. It's coming back out on DVD by the end of the year (rumor is August or September) so if you do, make it a quick turnaround.
10:56 AM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
ThexQuietxCull
One ticket, please
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old

damn. i bought this last week for 30 i think. oh wellz
11:54 AM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
Ravenna
flinching
1. Could be a fake (there are blogs demonstrating how to tell).
2. It's coming back out on DVD by the end of the year (rumor is August or September) so if you do, make it a quick turnaround.
through criterion?
02:23 PM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
Yeah, someone bumped into Peter Becker (one of the bigwigs at Criterion) at a NYC screening of The Last Emperor and badgered him about some things and he said they're working on the special features and whatnot to get it ready for a release sometime around August/September. It wouldn't surprise me if it that time frame was off by a month or two but the bottom line is that it should be back within the end of the year.
02:27 PM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
Ravenna
flinching
ic. well maybe i'll hold off then.

have you seen it?
03:26 PM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
ic. well maybe i'll hold off then.

have you seen it?
No, however my library has it and I plan on watching it in a few weeks after I watch some Dreyer and Cassavetes.
10:09 PM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
Ravenna
flinching
No, however my library has it and I plan on watching it in a few weeks after I watch some Dreyer and Cassavetes.

Let me know how mentally disturbed you are after watching it.
10:27 PM on 03/01/08 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
Let me know how mentally disturbed you are after watching it.
I am actually kind of looking forward to it because of its reputation and this review:
Quote:
Critics often describe movies as visceral. If they haven't seen Salò, I respectfully submit that they don't know what the fuck they're talking about. This film literally made me vomit. (And yes, I'm using "literally" correctly there). I don't think that makes it a good film, but "visceral," in the sense of "affecting the internal organs?" Yeah, Pasolini's got that.
I have a high tolerance for gross things, so we'll see what happens.
05:06 PM on 03/03/08 
User Info.
IAmNietzche
MYOB or BYO stretcher
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
I just got offered a job at Criterion.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music