Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 21 of 21
03:19 PM on 12/07/12
Koushyar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And one other thing, I think you have made a mistake in your review about Follow me, when you said "ringing guitar cascade that would make the Edge himself proud". In fact, Follow Me is the first ever Muse song that Bellamy does not play an instrument! Here is a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8RnsiW77Y4
You may see in some videos that he plays guitar at some points of the song, but that doesn't change the sound of the song, it only makes it more aggressive! What you meant by "ringing guitar cascade that would make the Edge himself proud" is something that it completely suits Big Freeze, and not Follow Me.
08:19 AM on 12/08/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
"Not a great album, but an adventurous one" is exactly how I would describe this album as well. I'd give it a solid 7.
11:00 PM on 12/08/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I actually feel the opposite. I don't feel like they're bad, or even mediocre, musicians, but I feel like their solid songwriting masks a lot of their talent. Bellamy, no doubt, is a great pianist, but I felt like he hides his guitar playing behind too many effects. Unlike Tom Morello, his "guitar and an amp" style playing isn't really extraordinary, so he masks it with over the top tricks. Wolstenholme is a a stand out bassist, and Howard is an alright drummer. I really like Muse, but I feel like they're incredibly overrated.
So you think their songwriting masks their musical strengths to a degree? That sounds like they're not making the best songwriting decisions. Which kind backs up my theory haha.
08:40 PM on 12/09/12
TomWhaley
The Secondside
User Info.
So you think their songwriting masks their musical strengths to a degree? That sounds like they're not making the best songwriting decisions. Which kind backs up my theory haha.
Well, earlier Muse hah. Now I just think their songwriting is at the same level as their musicianship, which is why they're putting out weaker albums. I think Bellamy is a great composer, but there's probably only 1 or 2 stand out guitar parts on The 2nd Law. Didn't sound like he was trying to break any new ground with his vocals either.
10:54 PM on 12/13/12
FNF
You are the only exception <3
User Info.
I feel like I'm the only person who liked their resistance album...
05:41 PM on 05/05/13
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
I prefer the two tracks Chris worked on to most of the album actually.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos