Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 12 posts
08:49 AM on 01/01/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Ten of these made my top 30 and another five were solid honorable mentions for me. Glad I could help boost Springsteen, The Killers, and The Tower and the Fool onto the overall.
08:49 AM on 01/01/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Super, super glad that Taylor made this list. Adore that album.

Amen brother.
09:57 AM on 01/01/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yup! Awesome to see her getting the deserved credit.

Was number 7 on my list!
02:10 PM on 01/01/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I'm laughing about the fact that Taylor Swift made the list. I find her music annoying and I don't know anyone my age with simiar tastes in music that would consider that album one of "best of the year".

It's made worse by the fact that Jack White, Tame Impala, Hot Water Music, and The Shins are not on the list and she is.

Did you actually listen to the album or...?
09:56 AM on 01/02/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
The Boss and TSWift? Did someone make me staff this year and not tell me?

Well...almost.
10:01 AM on 01/02/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Hahahaha. Well-played.
Haha, thank you sir. Nice list. You read mine yet? (It's looooonnnnggg)
10:36 AM on 01/02/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Oh there are individual lists out? Will find.
Right here.
11:33 AM on 01/02/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Ha, yes, I don't just blindly make opinions on albums I've never heard. I just don't like it. A couple songs are really good, but for the most part I find much of it boring and the lyrics annoying and immature.

She's a good performer and makes some good pop songs, I understand her popularity. But there are many, many other albums and artists out there that I enjoy more and relate to more as a male in his late 20's.
Haha, just checking. Mostly when I hear people classify Taylor Swift songs as annoying, they're either speaking more of her radio ubiquity and the overplayed nature of her singles or they are projecting her media/tabloid presence onto her songs. I don't find the lyrics on Red anymore immature than most of the bands this website hypes: they're just honest, diaristic confessions about relationships, set to highly melodic hooks. That's pretty much the formula for 90% of pop rock or pop punk bands, so I don't find it surprising at all that people around here are coming around to Swift more and that she is, resultingly, a part of this list.
03:41 PM on 12/09/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I think Vampire Weekend wins. Then Deafheaven, then the 1975.
04:36 PM on 12/09/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I don't think so, actually.
04:56 PM on 12/09/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Fair enough, I'm guessing you have a better idea than I do. Looking back at the mid year it was second to The National which is another one I forgot.
That's true. I don't know, I haven't looked at anyone else's lists in great detail. But I feel like a lot of people have cooled off a bit on Yeezus and the National and warmed up to Vampire Weekend and Deafheaven. And the 1975 has at least three number 1 votes, so that will help.
05:14 PM on 12/09/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Guess I might be projecting my feelings on it since Yeezus grew on me over the year and I've cooled off on Vampy and The National, haha.

Haha, that's fair. I'm probably doing the same thing, since Yeezus is like, my number 39 or something. Really come around on Vampire Weekend, still love the National and the 1975. Deafheaven isn't on my list at all, because it's just not my thing. And none of those records are in my top 5.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos