Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
08:32 PM on 12/31/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Very happy with this list. Great to see The Menzingers pull off the win. My #1 is never the staff #1.
08:59 AM on 01/07/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Okay I've quoted you all because your all Staff (and have written on the first six pages!)

I know I'm a little late but can I ask why the hell AbsolutePunk haven't done a Top 30 SINGLES Of 2012.

Despite what the mainstream music press now think - there IS an art to writing a good SINGLE in whatever genre it is. It takes skill to cram something great into just 3 minutes, and skill should be rewarded. There are many bands out there who are more singles-based and they should be rewarded and songwriters should be noticed too.

Great singles like "Runaways", "These Colours Don't Run", "Little Talks", "The House That Heaven Built", "Skyfall", "It's Time", "We Are Young", "Boy Division", "Two Fingers" and no doubt you can think of COUNTLESS others deserve to be acknowledged even if their corresponding album may not be "quite up to stratch".

There are now many bands who release singles with no album (like My Chemical Romance). There are also many people like myself who simply don't have the time now to listen to tons of 50 minute albums!!

So yeh please for the 2013 lists do a singles one too??!
Interesting idea, but it'd a lot harder to both keep track of and to narrow down a list. Perhaps we'll be ambitious enough to attempt it next year.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version