Username
Password

Article - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 211.
08:51 AM on 01/01/13
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Some awesome stuff, some weird placement. Passion Pit beating Deftones seems strange.

solid AOTY choice though.
08:57 AM on 01/01/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yup! Awesome to see her getting the deserved credit.

Was number 7 on my list!
09:02 AM on 01/01/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Menzos have been killing it on every "punk" publication's year-end.
09:11 AM on 01/01/13
saywhatever
User Info.
lol Misser.
09:18 AM on 01/01/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
I am SHOCKED The Early November didn't make this list. Hate to be "that" guy, and I know this is a compilation of everyones list, but I'm just really, really surprised.
09:18 AM on 01/01/13
visible_noise
User Info.
Interesting! This makes more sense to me than Pitchfork's year-end. But no Jealous Sound or Aesop Rock? No Joey Bada$$ or Cursive, or Chromatics? Or Nas? haha... I found that 2012 was an absolutely brilliant year for hip hop, but the hip hop that got recognized (other than the Heist, that should have hit higher) was a bit surprising. Good to see Converge, P.O.S., and Japandroids get some play though. Definitely going to have to listen to the Menzingers record now, to see what all the fuss is about...

Nice balanced, eclectic list. Refreshing...
09:35 AM on 01/01/13
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
Probably the best eoty list so far. Really glad to see Grizzly Bear ad Passion Pit on this list. With the exclusion of Andrew Bird, my top 10 is scattered around in there.
09:36 AM on 01/01/13
JJW319
last.fm/user/JJW319
User Info.
"London" from Apologies, I Have None almost beat Handwritten as my number 1 album. Surprised but not surprised that it's not on the list...

Incredible record, blew me away.
09:36 AM on 01/01/13
xColetrainx
Whitpix
User Info.
Wow what a great list. Happy to see so many great albums on this list. Such a good variety in taste too. Thanks for finally putting this out. Here's to 2013, another great year for music.
09:39 AM on 01/01/13
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
Menzingers were #1 on my list too. Love seeing that.
10:19 AM on 01/01/13
straynova
User Info.
I created a Spotify playlist, if anyone's looking for one list with most of these albums:

http://open.spotify.com/user/strayno...FGDqtEb0F2Sq4M

The only albums that I missed are Taylor Swift's and The Tower and The Fool's, since I couldn't find them on Spotify.
10:42 AM on 01/01/13
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
I am SHOCKED The Early November didn't make this list. Hate to be "that" guy, and I know this is a compilation of everyones list, but I'm just really, really surprised.
FYI: The Early November finished at #137 on the compiled list, included on the back end of 3 staff members top lists.
10:56 AM on 01/01/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Certainly not a bad list. Missing some stuff (Hot Water Music, Neon Trees). Also Tycoon remains the most underrated album of the year, hands down. But can't go wrong with that top three.
10:56 AM on 01/01/13
SeanEBoy2686
twitter = SeanAndHeard
User Info.
I'm laughing about the fact that Taylor Swift made the list. I find her music annoying and I don't know anyone my age with simiar tastes in music that would consider that album one of "best of the year".

It's made worse by the fact that Jack White, Tame Impala, Hot Water Music, and The Shins are not on the list and she is.
11:09 AM on 01/01/13
morgantayler
We are all Tatiana Maslany.
User Info.
Pretty good list! My only complaint is that Now, Now didn't make the list. Threads was an awesome record.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version