AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

When We Were Wolves - 12.03.12

Interviewed by: Jeremy Aaron (12/03/12)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

When We Were Wolves

https://www.facebook.com/whenwewerewolves1

1. How did you get your band name?

We came up with a few names and ended up with like 15 to chose from, When We Were Wolves was the catchiest so we decided to keep it until we could decide on a permanent name and it just kinda stuck from there really. None of us were Wolves in a previous life, so sorry, but it has no meaning.

2. How did this band get started?

Some of the guys were in a band together prior to When We Were Wolves and I was in another band also and we all practiced at the same place. As I was leaving my band they had just disbanded and were looking for a vocalist to start a new project with so it was a case of being in the right place at the right time I suppose.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

A Day To Remember, Architects, While She Sleeps, Parkway Drive.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

We would probably would have to say Parkway Drive simply because they are an awesome band. They play some random places and seem to be all round awesome dudes! Either that or we would like to be Susan Boyle’s house band due to the fact she is a complete babe and is lacking some heaviness in her set.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

We end up in McDonald's after almost every gig! So sticking true to our roots it would be Mccdonald's.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We always find this hard to answer without sounding bigheaded... Its honest music, we are not setting out to sound like a particular band or appeal to a certain crowd its just raw, passionate honest music.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Hmmmm maybe not an athlete but maybe be Jessica Ennis' physiotherapist for obvious reasons!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

There are too many people to individually name but we would thank everyone who has been involved with helping this band regardless how big or small a part they have played it all counts.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

We’re not really sure to be honest, we've only been around just over a year so we’re used to not having any money and living like bums haha! We tend to ignore the negatives, we know its not all going to be glorious so were just happy to crack on!

10. Memorable tour experience?

So far we’ve only done one tour, our aim was to have a week in England and a week in Wales but the English dates fell through so we just ended up doing a week in Wales. We wanted to have some fun with it so named it in honour of my mum and called it “Mitch’s mum’s vibra-tour” and we had a huge dildo on the poster.... Sadly we did not think that through! We went round sticking it up posters in shops and I think we managed to get it in one place so thank you HMV for being such troopers.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

AP.net is a great way for bands at our level to get our name out to people and build a fan base. The site does some great work covering news in the music industry and without people like them putting a lot of hard work, time and effort into it our job would be much harder. It’s very tough to be heard with so many great bands around these days and we are really grateful for the exposure.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

‘Hounds’, its at the end of our set and we love to end big so its a real crowd mover!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Donnington. We are happy to be stuck in a field around good people and great music

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Feel like I shouldn't be answering this but Spice Girls for me personally haha! I got into metal when I was around thirteen years old and continued listening to it as I grew up, so things like Slipknot’s ‘Iowa’ album and My Chemical Romance’s ‘The Black Parade’ for me. I know that Josh and Rhod were into their thrash metal and still are so I’d imagine Metalica, Slayer and bands like that for them.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

The power to give up our McDonalds addiction.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Before we play we have a huddle and get each other psyched up and have a few beers to get loosened up!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

We've had 4 lineup changes since being a band but the current line up we have is made up of all original members except our guitarist Steve who joined us in June 2012.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Certain mainstream radio shows have started to play heavier music, which is a great thing! We think we would fit in well on the radio.... maybe not on Classic FM any time soon but certainly stations like Radio 1. There are also so many internet radio stations available for people can check out too, which gives the listener a chance to hear their favourite styles and they are definitely something that could help to get our name out there.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Outside of the band we’re all best pals so we spend all of our time together, we love the outdoors so we normally come across some cool places to hang out. There are some sand dunes not far from where we live so we normally take a sledge down there and just be big kids for the day! We go to a lot of gigs to check out bands we haven't seen before too, or bands that we already know so that’s always cool. When we’re not together we just do our own thing, Rhod loves his women so he's normally out serenading some poor soul, Steve plays gigs with a cover band, Josh is normally having a few beers somewhere, we don’t really know what Ben does he’s very mysterious and we think he has some sort of underground ginger sex dungeon but that’s not confirmed and I’m boring and do sod all!

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2.
06:09 AM on 12/04/12
katieboehm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The longchamp outlet two founders of Juicy Couture are in the flow. They’re creating their best life ever longchamp handbags because they follow their hearts. They didn’t do “market research” when they created their longchamp le pliage clothing line company. They designed clothes that they’d like to have in their closets.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS