AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

04:12 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't like The Rolling Stones. I can sort of see why people love them and they're clearly very important. I'm not sure I'd call them objectively good, because I don't want to open up that can of worms, but I can see what you mean. I feel similar about U2, although at least with U2, I could probably put together 10 or 12 songs of theirs that I like, even if they haven't released an album that I love.

There's lots of other bands that are critically loved or are probably 'important', but TRS are the first one that comes to mind.

Edit: That Captain Beefheart album is brilliant ha! Never heard anything else like it, it's such a mess.
Another edit: Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Megadeath etc. Can't get into that sort of metal at all.
04:19 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
I also fucking loathe The Sex Pistols. Not sure if they'd be classed as objectively good, but I absolutely cannot stand them. I think they're the only 'classic' band that I hate.
02:41 AM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
First thing that comes to mind for me is probably Animal Collective. I just don't get it.

Yeah, forgot about them. I listened to Merriweather Post Pavilion about a dozen times because it got so much praise, and I was determined to find out what I was missing. I was sure it was gonna click eventually. But it just didn't.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets