Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
08:37 AM on 12/06/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
¡Catorce! will be the name of their upcoming live album featuring Uno, Dos and Tre in its entirety. That would be scary.
Hey man, as long as they cover "Vertigo"...
04:41 PM on 12/06/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I tried to be as fair as possible with this review. And yes, I think I'll be writing about Tre as well, but that one will be significantly more positive.

This album was a helluva lot better than Uno. It's not the best, but come on, 50%? I know it's cool to hate on Green Day now, but this was better than 21st Century or Uno. I don't get the hate, considering Uno was AWFUL.

No needless "hating on Green Day" from me. I tried to establish myself as a big fan of the band and that this album just doesn't live up to their standard. No way it's better than 21st Century, which despite a little bit of bloat, is still a terrific album. I also think it's significantly weaker than Uno, but don't expect everyone to share that opinion. Thomas gave Uno a 6. I felt this one deserved a lower mark, and I believe a 5/10 is thus, the fair mark. But no big deal if you don't agree.
06:23 PM on 12/06/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
People forget that 50 percent is not a damning score necessarily. 5/10 is the right score to match your review. The problem is this site's scoring system in the past has caused inflated scores for so many albums. It has made it seem as though 50 per cent is the lowest point possible and 100 per cent is the highest. And there is no denying a three stars out of five review looks more positive than a 60 per cent review, even though they're the same.

Agreed with all of this, especially the 3/5 vs 6/10 conundrum. Definitely trying to be more discerning with my ratings now. It's gotten to the point that 7s and 8s hardly meaning anything around here. I'd like to see that turn around.
12:49 PM on 12/07/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
First sentence made me feel OLD, good review though!
Writing it made me feel old! Haha, I still remember the day I got that record. Feels like yesterday.
09:02 AM on 12/10/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I thought this album would have gotten around a 70% mark. Tre album is by far the best of the lot!

A 70%, in my mind, indicates a solid if unspectacular set that has a few gems, but fails to live up to its potential across the board. This album loses at least 10% off that mark just for having "Nightlife," and the other 10% for filling out the proceedings with boring or mediocre songs.

Good review, unsurprisingly.

Thanks, brother.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT