brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Ha, Catorce.
11:16 AM on 12/06/12
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
Well written review, but I disagree with it. I'll admit Green Day's time has come and gone (twice now); American Idiot is impossible to top, and almost every song on that album would be my favorite on any of these three albums. But I really have enjoyed the trilogy so far. Uno was pretty simple and shallow, but Stay the Night, Nuclear Family, and Rusty James are some awesome songs that I'd put in the top tier of Green Day's catalog. Same with Stray Heart, Lazy Bones, and Baby Eyes from Dos.

As for Tre, I listened once and it sounded like X-Kid, Missing You, Brutal Love, and Dirty Rotten Bastards are right up there as well, which means there should be about an album's worth of really great/solid material.

I've said said in a few other threads that this trilogy is great for big Green Day fans. Fans get some really really great Green Day songs (touching back to almost every Green Day era), and then some Green Day filler, which many people will still enjoy.
11:25 AM on 12/06/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
First sentence made me feel wicked old, can't believe 2004 was already so long ago. More on topic, this album is dull.
11:25 AM on 12/06/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
so I gave this a chance

and it is awful but it's a lot better than uno was
11:28 AM on 12/06/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
i wouldn't be surprised if i learn later that one day Billie, mike, and tre all decided to take a literal shit and decided to package it and sell it as an album.
11:43 AM on 12/06/12
Elscorcho2008
User Info.
Strange enough: Ashley was one of my favorite songs on here
12:04 PM on 12/06/12
leftapart
User Info.
Why did you choose to review Dos! instead of Uno! or Tres!?
12:12 PM on 12/06/12
SmittyMA
You think you know me?
User Info.
This album was a helluva lot better than Uno. It's not the best, but come on, 50%? I know it's cool to hate on Green Day now, but this was better than 21st Century or Uno. I don't get the hate, considering Uno was AWFUL.
12:23 PM on 12/06/12
Atavistic
User Info.
tell this band to just stop
01:48 PM on 12/06/12
Charlieistony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good input.

I really wanted to like this album, But I agree with the reviewer, I was very underwhelmed. The first track is my favorite track on the album. It sounds like it could have been very Simon and Garfunkel but then the album went down hill immediately after that.

Nice Review!
01:49 PM on 12/06/12
Charlieistony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i wouldn't be surprised if i learn later that one day Billie, mike, and tre all decided to take a literal shit and decided to package it and sell it as an album.
dude. Tre! is pretty good actually. Much better than uno and dos. They're not a horrible band. They just have huge expectations to live up to.
02:10 PM on 12/06/12
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
There are so many smart people in this thread! AP's hive mind strikes again. Dos is a good album, with a number of very memorable tracks, such as "Lazy Bones", "Ashley", and "Lady Cobra". What's worse is that Tre is the lesser of the three albums, yet users are supporting that album. Not based on true opinion, but because they feel safe to do so.
02:12 PM on 12/06/12
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
tell this band to just stop
Take your own advice, broseph.
02:42 PM on 12/06/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Why did you choose to review Dos! instead of Uno! or Tres!?
Thomas already reviewed Uno! and Tre! isn't out yet officially.

Dos has more energy than Uno! but not as much energy as the band obviously aimed for. Nightlife is the only real stinker on it, but I can't bag them for trying a couple of different things amongst the 37 songs on these trilogies. Stray Heart and Lazy Bones are great so I largely agree with the review but I think most of the other tracks are enjoyable.
I have it on par with Uno! for now. Both 7/10.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests