Username
Password

06:22 PM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
colorlesscliche
you talk too much.
Maryland
Male - 27 Years Old
Not being defensive, just curious why you didn't like it. (I haven't decided if I want to see it)

The movie dragged on, anything good about it has already been done before, the twist was a twist at all, just so mediocre. The score was incredible though.
04:40 AM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
My single screen theater is playing this. I havent seen it yet, might when I have time. But I LOVE the song playing in the credits, the one featuring Sussane Sundfor. Nice to clean the theater to it.
09:43 PM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
ToMyBetterAngel
RIP Northstar
Tempe, AZ
Male - 26 Years Old
This was a little too similar to a certain other movie in my opinion. I still enjoyed it though.
06:03 PM on 04/28/13 
User Info.
livethesounds
There is no try
San Antonio, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
Just saw this. Only thing I knew about it was everyone said it took too much from other movies and was unoriginal. All I have to say after actually seeing it is if you let a few story aspects being done before ruin what is otherwise is a great movie then I feel sorry for you. I really loved it. Very surprised.
08:14 PM on 04/28/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
Just saw this. Only thing I knew about it was everyone said it took too much from other movies and was unoriginal. All I have to say after actually seeing it is if you let a few story aspects being done before ruin what is otherwise is a great movie then I feel sorry for you. I really loved it. Very surprised.

There is nothing about this movie that is good. I feel sorry for you because you like this. I'm also sorry I have to come to terms with the fact that you'll never like a good film in your entire life for you.
08:40 PM on 04/28/13 
User Info.
livethesounds
There is no try
San Antonio, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
There is nothing about this movie that is good. I feel sorry for you because you like this. I'm also sorry I have to come to terms with the fact that you'll never like a good film in your entire life for you.
Lol, this was the stupidest response possible.
08:49 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
Well the big twist is pretty the exact same twist from "Moon." It's a valid criticism. The special effects and score were great though. I can't wait until Kosinski directs something where the story lives up to its visual effects and score.
09:13 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 23 Years Old
There are very few films out there that are 100% original anymore. Storylines and twists do repeat.

Claiming there is nothing good about it or putting people down because they liked something you didn't is about the most pretentious thing you can do.

If you went into it expecting it to revolutionise sci-fi or raise the bar that other sci-fi movies have set, it's really no wonder you didn't like it.

The score was great, the effects were great, and the story, whether it borrowed from other films or not, was enjoyable at least.
11:29 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
livethesounds
There is no try
San Antonio, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
Well the big twist is pretty the exact same twist from "Moon." It's a valid criticism. The special effects and score were great though. I can't wait until Kosinski directs something where the story lives up to its visual effects and score.

there were many things that took from many other sci-fi stories. probably at least 5 things or more. who cares? I'm not sure what people expect anymore, there are very few things that have not been done in this genre IMO. And when a story takes numerous stories and kind of smashes them together, like this did, it worked out pretty well IMO. If you're going to spend all your time dissecting movies instead of enjoying them while you're watching, then that's your prerogative. But i saw the similarities, and somehow i wasn't outraged. In fact i really like that they put all that stuff together and put together what was overall a pretty cohesive story and one that worked. The acting was good enough, the visuals were amazing, the score was fantastic, and the story IMO was pretty damn good, although it did take form other things, but i don't know how you can't just assume you've seen everything by now in some form or fashion.

I mean, i get the criticisms, I just don't understand how it could completely ruin the movie for people. But that's just me, i do my best to enjoy things instead of pick them apart.
07:59 AM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
SeanGather
It's too bad she won't live
Glasgow, Scotland
Male - 29 Years Old
This was bullshit, and I left the cinema ANGRY. It was Moon as directed by George Lucas, with a beautiful, lush and utterly derivative score.

I hated almost everything about it, apart from some of the performances - Olga Kurylenko, though she's not given much to do, conveyed more emotion with those big, sad eyes than Tom Cruise has managed in nearly every film he's made post-Magnolia, and it's kind of startling how great she is and how far she's come since playing the token "sexy European" early in her Hollywood career. Andrea Riseborough was great too, but the script had no sympathy for her which was infuriating.

The rest of the cast were utterly underused - Zoe Bell didn't even have one line! And Nikolas Coster-Waldau may as well not have. Morgan Freeman's role was essentially to be Morgan Freeman so they didn't have to develop his character at all, but they could still say "oh you like Morgan Freeman, don't you? Well he's dead now! NO HE'S NOT! Yes he is." . Almost every bit of imagery was co-opted from other films/games. The podrace from The Phantom Menace and the speeder chase from Jedi. HAL from 2001 . Moon . Mass Effect. Final Fantasy.

The thing that angered me the most, though was the ending. It tipped me over into real hatred, because the best sci-fi digs into what makes us human, how we retain our soul in the face of advancing technology. While this film had the same twist as Moon - which I called three minutes into the film with the "4-year mind wipe" stuff - it completely missed what Moon hit so beautifully, and what other sci-fi classics nail. The ending expects us to care about 52!Jack just because he's got Jack Harper's face. It doesn't matter that he's not the same character we've spent over 2 hours with, that doesn't have any of the experiences or character (...I use that word lightly) of the protagonist we got to know, effectively or not. All that matters is that Tom Cruise was dead and now he's not, so YAY. Julia should be happy, we should be happy, happy endings all round, roll credits. But what about 1 through 48? And 50-51?? Actually, I don't even want to think about the other plot holes because I'm angry enough as-is.

In short - fuck this movie.
10:30 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
livethesounds
There is no try
San Antonio, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
lol
11:10 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
whoaisame
I didnt hate this, it was enjoyable for a big budget action movie. It does rip off a lot of other movies tho.

I dont think anyone else mentioned this, but they also totally ripped off Portal (the video game) with Sally.
10:37 AM on 05/01/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
I have to go see this tonight as a final for my science fiction English class l o l
11:52 AM on 05/01/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
LOL^
03:45 PM on 05/01/13 
User Info.
SurvaySays
No Avatar Selected
great movie. really creative