Username
Password
Sparta News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36.
02:58 PM on 02/18/08
ocelot mthrfckr
User Info.
dear texans,

there is a loophole in the voting apparently that means you can votw twice in the primaries. early vote at any location (in austin this could be a randals grocery store even) and then go to your proper caucas location on the day of the primary and vote there using the clipboard.

just sayin.
03:00 PM on 02/18/08
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
Smart guy. It's good to see Hillary losing steam.
03:12 PM on 02/18/08
Sikbeat37
You like music too? Woah.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sparta is one of my favorite bands ever and Jim Ward is very talented when it comes to music. He's free to vote for whomever he wants but I pray that his guy doesn't win. Anyone who doesn't plan to study the candidates and issues for themselves and would simply follow the suggestion of a musician should instead stay home on election day.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
03:15 PM on 02/18/08
DarkBlue13
User Info.
obama sucks
03:20 PM on 02/18/08
adeepname
User Info.
be more constructive with your feedback.

i don't mind you saying someone sucks, as long as you have some good information to back it up with.
03:31 PM on 02/18/08
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
Remember kids, the people of Venezuela were also excited and positive about ushering in the reign of Hugo Chavez.
03:36 PM on 02/18/08
HashHolly
....is retired
User Info.
:)

<<<<
03:47 PM on 02/18/08
thursday712
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think that it's disgusting how much musicians and entertainment related folk are exercising their fame to sway people's opinions. The point of a democracy is to choose for ourselves, unbiased. The amount of kids that will now vote for Obama based on what Jim said and Josh Farro last week is sickening. If all these 18 year old scene kids think they're so wise and mature, choose for yourself, get off the damn bandwagon and make an informed decision instead of what's popular.
04:16 PM on 02/18/08
anamericangod
User Info.
You guys act like Jim Ward has some massive sway over the influence of his listening demographic. He is supporting a candidate and a cause he passionately believes in, and that's more than a lot of people can say for themselves.

In a country filled with apathy, we need more individuals like Jim.

I think that it's disgusting how much musicians and entertainment related folk are exercising their fame to sway people's opinions. The point of a democracy is to choose for ourselves, unbiased. The amount of kids that will now vote for Obama based on what Jim said and Josh Farro last week is sickening. If all these 18 year old scene kids think they're so wise and mature, choose for yourself, get off the damn bandwagon and make an informed decision instead of what's popular.

Did you miss the part where Jim said to learn as much as you can about Obama?
04:17 PM on 02/18/08
CloseToShore
Dude, that is so wrong.
User Info.

Yeah! GO OBAMA! It sucks my primary vote for him didn't count (stupid Florida problems).

Honestly, I'm kind of sick of comments like these. Yeah, I do agree with you about kids voting for so and so because some celebrity said so, but you know what? I'm glad that celebrities are endorsing politicians. It gets young voters interested in voting and hopefully they will go and get informed about the candidate. If they don't like what they see, then they can go and find out about the other candidates. In the end, it gets them interested and hopefully continuing the voting process in succeeding elections. In the end, the fact that they can vote is what matters. Just think, in some countries, people don't have the right to even vote, and those that can, a lot of times, their vote doesn't even count.

In the end, the fact that he's getting people to at least think and possibly vote is what counts.
04:26 PM on 02/18/08
Heroin Robot
User Info.
jim rocks.
04:32 PM on 02/18/08
contentw/losing
User Info.
Did you miss the part where Jim said to learn as much as you can about Obama?

best post i've seen in a while.
04:34 PM on 02/18/08
Joel Ion
Defender of Dudes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i never get into politics, but if you want america to change into one giant detroit vote for obama.

I can't tell if you're being racist or plain ignorant, but you should think hard before you speak.

Detroit's been fucked since the Industrial Revolution. AKA before Obama was born.

Get learned.
05:28 PM on 02/18/08
EmilyRegina
gets music @ www.musicboomerang.com
User Info.
Let's not point fingers here. For every 18 year old voting for a candidate just because a celebrity endorsed them... there's a simpleton somewhere that may be voting for a candidate just because they are against gay marriage.

A HELL of a lot of people in this country vote for weird reasons or because of whatever bandwagon rolls through town that day. The only guarantee you have is that you can make your own vote informed and make it count... and encourage others to do likewise.
05:31 PM on 02/18/08
EmilyRegina
gets music @ www.musicboomerang.com
User Info.
i never get into politics, but if you want america to change into one giant detroit vote for obama.
I can see why. Do you realize that you sound like a racist asshole? You do? Okay, just checking.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums