Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 36 of 36
09:42 PM on 02/18/08
i like guitars
Hey, i have a penis
User Info.
Remember kids, the people of Venezuela were also excited and positive about ushering in the reign of Hugo Chavez.
So true.
11:41 PM on 02/18/08
electriceyes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm so sick of singers shoving their beliefs down youths throat. I don't care if you're voting for a democrat or a republican or some other party, it's not cool to tell people to vote for someone just because you like them. A lot of the fans of the people doing this will listen and do what they're told just because they like the band. And I noticed he only gave the link for Obama's site. No info on what any of the other candidates stand for. That's just annoying.
I would like for these people to start showing all sides and giving info on all the candidates for all parties instead of just the person they want to win. IDK...I just find it very unprofessional of a band to tell the fans who to vote for in this election. Let the people decide for themselves. I don't mind them giving info and stating who they like, but when it gets to the point where they're telling people who they should vote for, then I get pissed. And I realize that Jim probably won't get a lot of people to vote for Obama just because Sparta isn't a huge MTV band. But also, Pete Wentz and Conor Oberst are pushing him on everyone also. And we all know how many MTV kids will vote just because of that fact. Well, if they're even old enough to vote.
11:46 PM on 02/18/08
anamericangod
User Info.
I'm so sick of singers shoving their beliefs down youths throat. I don't care if you're voting for a democrat or a republican or some other party, it's not cool to tell people to vote for someone just because you like them. A lot of the fans of the people doing this will listen and do what they're told just because they like the band. And I noticed he only gave the link for Obama's site. No info on what any of the other candidates stand for. That's just annoying.
I would like for these people to start showing all sides and giving info on all the candidates for all parties instead of just the person they want to win. IDK...I just find it very unprofessional of a band to tell the fans who to vote for in this election. Let the people decide for themselves. I don't mind them giving info and stating who they like, but when it gets to the point where they're telling people who they should vote for, then I get pissed. And I realize that Jim probably won't get a lot of people to vote for Obama just because Sparta isn't a huge MTV band. But also, Pete Wentz and Conor Oberst are pushing him on everyone also. And we all know how many MTV kids will vote just because of that fact. Well, if they're even old enough to vote.

Please shut the fuck up.
08:52 AM on 02/19/08
Frequency
User Info.
I don't know why so many people support Obama. The only experience he has is been on the senate for 2 years and has done nothing there. He also talks about change a lot, but what change?
02:32 PM on 02/19/08
rikfrommf
User Info.
I don't know why so many people support Obama. The only experience he has is been on the senate for 2 years and has done nothing there. He also talks about change a lot, but what change?

He was a state senator as well and passed ethics reform and extended health care in Illinois. Read up on his voting record. He has more elected experience than Hillary. Having sex with a President that cheats on you is HARDLY the experience we want or need.

And as far as the celebrity thing goes, everyone has the right to support a candidate and encourage others to do the same, just because they do one thing you like doesnt mean they shouldnt do something they have the right to, but you dont like.
04:18 PM on 02/19/08
contentw/losing
User Info.

experience shmexperience...no president will ever have enough experience to tackle things like terrorism, poverty, and wars. But how you go about it is everything. Barack was on on the Harvard Law board...he's a smart man, excellent speaker, and doesn't need 20 years of experience to become the next president...(my personal opinion of course)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos