Username
Password

08:38 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
fuck, man. that's awful. it's been said, but really only time will heal this. it'll be up to you ultimately whether or not you want to give her another chance, but this is all kinds of fucked up. all I can say is it's probably best if you move back home for the time being, or if you do stay in the apartment, try to go out with your friends as much as possible to keep yourself occupied. you'll go crazy sitting in the apartment by yourself. and I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but in my opinion 19 is way too young to be getting married. this is a prime example of why. you truly don't know someone yet, people change vastly between 19 and 25.
09:22 AM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
Page 9 of this thread is not loading, it just gives me 8 like it loaded 9.

Page 9 is now gone...
yeah, that happens all the time on threads. I'm not entirely sure why. maybe a post got deleted somewhere.
10:08 AM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
I never post here, but this thread has me...concerned.

First of all, of course, sorry to the OP. Terrible situation and everyone who said erase her from your life is right. You will get through it eventually.

Second, I'm 26 and just got into a relationship with a 19 year old and some of you are freaking me out. I knew what I was possibly getting into, but she seems really nice and level headed. We've only been together about 2 months but she has been a lot of fun to hang out with and doesn't seem like flaky teenager or I wouldn't have agreed to a relationship in the first place.

Still, all of you saying relationships with 19 year olds don't ever end well are causing me concern. I am the "nice guy" who gets taken advantage of anyway. I'm asking to get burned hard in the future aren't I?
relationships and human interaction in general aren't the sort of thing you can just say "if x, then y" about. every situation is different. there are exceptions to every rule. however, 19 year olds in general are not going to be on the same page developmentally or in terms of maturity as a 26 year old. that's not to say she can't be mature and level-headed, I'm sure she is. it's just that you two are at two different points in your lives. and it's still possible to make that work; people have relationships with very disparate ages all the time. it's just something you have to be aware of. it would be unfair of you to expect her to behave the same way a 26 year old would in some situations, and it would be unfair of her to expect you to behave like 19 year old would in other situations.

basically, you don't need to be concerned, just be aware that seven years can be a substantial difference (especially when you're 19). you two might handle a lot of situations differently.
12:34 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
How/why is this thread still a thing

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music