Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
08:07 AM on 12/11/12
CyberInferno
Tech Round-up Author,Chipotle Lover
User Info.
QuoteApple's Tim Cook has made headlines by claiming that he uses an iPad or iPhone 80% of the time instead of a full Mac desktop/laptop.

-I need an iPad

Quote Apple's CEO has called TVs an "area of immense interest."

-I would totally be interested in an Apple brand TV

QuoteAdobe Photoshop and Illustrator have been updated to support retina displays.

-Wait so retina display is so different that they had to make new versions to support it? Interesting
It's a much higher resolution. The applications can scale, but they won't really take advantage of it.

The resolution issue is one of the reasons analysts are recommending iPad Minis over lower-priced, higher-res Android tablets. Since the iPad mini uses the same resolution as the iPad 2, a ton of apps have been built to support it. Since Android apps are a mixed resolution bag, you get a lot of apps that aren't designed for larger screens/resolutions. They'll stretch to fit, but they won't look nearly as good as if they were natively designed for them.
08:43 AM on 12/11/12
CyberInferno
Tech Round-up Author,Chipotle Lover
User Info.
Interesting. I'd probably get an iPad over an iPad mini
Yeah the new iPads with retina displays are really nice. You can take a magnifying glass to them and you still can't see the pixels around text.

My fiance really wants a mini so she can put it in her purse and read during breaks when she does 12 hour nursing shifts. The big ones definitely won't fit the bill for that. Not sure if that's in the Christmas budget though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests