Username
Password

05:01 PM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
How does Patty Griffin not even crack that bottom tier? Blasphemy.

He already told me yesterday he was downloading it. Haha.
10:01 PM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 23 Years Old
He already told me yesterday he was downloading it. Haha.

I was talking about your list. Haha. But I'm just joshing. I've heard Dawes, Nick Cave, I&W, Emmylou/Crowell, Autre Ne Veut, Night Beds, and Caitlin Rose out of the ones you listed. Anything else there you think I might like?

And yeah, I'll try to grab those Will Hoge records.
10:32 PM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I was talking about your list. Haha. But I'm just joshing. I've heard Dawes, Nick Cave, I&W, Emmylou/Crowell, Autre Ne Veut, Night Beds, and Caitlin Rose out of the ones you listed. Anything else there you think I might like?

And yeah, I'll try to grab those Will Hoge records.

Donovan Woods would probably be up your alley.

I could see you getting down with Neville. Soul legend with a band led by Keith Richards doing reinventions of doo-wop.

Alice Smith might be a bit more modern than you prefer your R&B, but I'd say she's worth a spin, maybe.

The rest is probably too poppy to be your jam.
10:55 PM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 23 Years Old
Donovan Woods would probably be up your alley.

I could see you getting down with Neville. Soul legend with a band led by Keith Richards doing reinventions of doo-wop.

Alice Smith might be a bit more modern than you prefer your R&B, but I'd say she's worth a spin, maybe.

The rest is probably too poppy to be your jam.

Noted. Thanks, man. Have you listened to this yet, by the way? Thoughts?
11:16 PM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Noted. Thanks, man. Have you listened to this yet, by the way? Thoughts?

Not yet. Last time I checked, it wasn't on spotify yet. Will check again.
06:17 AM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I just think Patty's underappreciated in general. I honestly think Living With Ghosts should by all rights be one of those canonical, universally recognized records that shows up on every "best of" list that includes the '90's. And the rest of her discography ranges from very good to excellent. She's one of the most consistent songwriters working.

I've never really given Will Hoge an honest listen, though I've seen you mention him a few times. What's a good starter record?

I like Living With Ghosts a lot, but 1000 Kisses is my favorite thing she's done. The fact that that album has "Long Ride Home, AND "Nobody's Crying," AND the Springsteen cover puts it over the top for me.

As for Hoge, I would reiterate the rec for Draw the Curtains. Great break-up record without a weak track. I can see you really, really liking the closer. But I say he and Patty should do a collab just because it sounds like their voices would complement each other perfectly.
10:18 AM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 23 Years Old
I like Living With Ghosts a lot, but 1000 Kisses is my favorite thing she's done. The fact that that album has "Long Ride Home, AND "Nobody's Crying," AND the Springsteen cover puts it over the top for me.

As for Hoge, I would reiterate the rec for Draw the Curtains. Great break-up record without a weak track. I can see you really, really liking the closer. But I say he and Patty should do a collab just because it sounds like their voices would complement each other perfectly.

I can't argue with that, since Kisses is flawless up until the last three tracks. But for me, it finishes kind of limply. And I have more of a personal connection to Ghosts, which I guess is ultimately what elevates it for me.

I downloaded it. I'll give it a listen later on. Thanks, man.
10:27 AM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I can't argue with that, since Kisses is flawless up until the last three tracks. But for me, it finishes kind of limply. And I have more of a personal connection to Ghosts, which I guess is ultimately what elevates it for me.

I downloaded it. I'll give it a listen later on. Thanks, man.

Yeah, it should close with "Nobody's Crying." Can't believe that song is just stuck in the middle of the record.
05:28 PM on 10/01/13 
User Info.
fightinirish217
Your love will be / safe with me
New York, NY
Male
Just listening to this album for the first time tonight and loving it, especially for lyrics like these:

There's pain in whatever, we stumbled upon
If I never had met you, you couldn't have gone
But then I wouldn't have met you, we couldn't have been
I guess it all adds up, to joy in the end...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos