AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

Northpaw - 12.11.12

Interviewed by: Jeremy Aaron (12/11/12)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Northpaw

https://www.facebook.com/northpawofficial
http://northpawofficial.tumblr.com/

1. How did you get your band name?

Spencer grew up in America playing baseball and got the nickname Northpaw for
being the only right handed pitcher on the team. When he lived in England he used
the name for an acoustic act and when we formed a band we decided to take it on a
full band name.

2. How did this band get started?

We all went to school together in Alton, Hampshire and played for different bands
around the area. When the bands split up we collaborated and formed Northpaw.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

We take influences from so many genres and bands we grew up listening to. If we
had to choose we would probably say our main influences and what we are linked to
are The Bled, Glassjaw, Saosin, Alexisonfire, and Underoath.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

It would have to be someone like Underoath, Alexisonfire or Ghost of a thousand as
they have really dictated the direction we have taken as a band and unfortunately
have all called it a day in recent years. Saying that we would love to play with bands
that even got us into music in the first place. Bands like Pink Floyd, Journey, and Yes
to name a few.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

We try to stay as healthy as possible on tour but at the moment we all seem
addicted to peanut butter Kit Kats and PowerAde.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We try to incorporate everything we love about music into our own. We want a good
balance of sections with a more melodic part with varied dynamics but still having a
heavier feel about us with the use of Charlie’s vocals. If I had to say why you should
listen to us I would say because it has something for anyone’s tastes. Even listeners
who wouldn’t usually listen to post hardcore might alter their horizons. Worked on
our parents at least!

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Jessica Ennis

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

No idea. We would probably get nervous and just say God as that’s all I can ever
remember people thanking. Realistically it would have to be our parents and a few
close friends who are incredibly supportive and do anything for the band to get
better exposure.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

It would be that artists get more credibility and are able to support themselves. It
seems virtually impossible for an artist to make a living from certain genres and
instead the core income comes from their own managing, clothing lines ect. It would
be nice to just make a main living of something you really enjoy and not all the
added baggage.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Probably when we thought we were going back to a party after playing a show and it
turned out to be a middle aged mans birthday party and had a full on buffet of
snacks. We ended up meeting the extended family and even were shown how much
one of the sons could bench in their garden. Was very interesting but turned out to
quite fun.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

It is a mean of more exposure and a huge help to local bands. With many sights on
punk, hardcore, rock you name it closing down, it’s a huge boost to have a stable
site such as AP to allow many underground bands to be noticed.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

It always ends up being one of our ‘heavier’ songs. We wrote a song of our new EP
Trepidation called Habitus with the aim of it being a live song with a lot of energy. It
worked and turned out to be all of our favorites in the process. Except for Charlie as
he runs out of breathe.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

We are all to poor to even think of having a vacation! If we ever get holiday, its
usually so we can go to the studio or on tour. We are pretty content on the UK and
often stay our a guitarist house in Brighton if we get time.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Depends really. The music I always remember when I was young was what ever my
dad was listening to in the car. Usually bands like Journey, Pink floyd, and anything
progressive rock related. I think I didn’t like it at the time as the first album I
brought was Backstreet Boys.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Probably so that at any time I could turn into a walking bottle nose dolphin with
Shorts on. Things like this the world deserves to see and it would be nice to give
something back once in a while.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Not really, only vocal warm ups and stretches. Sometimes listen to poison by Alice
Cooper just to get the juices flowing.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Probably that our guitarist is a hairdresser. He doesn’t bring up in conversation a lot.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Hopefully in the near future we can. Radio is becoming a lot less reserved about
what it plays and even the main stations now have rock or metal shows. Its good
change and throws you back when you hear something you wouldn’t of before on
the radio.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

We all work full time and one member is in university so we don’t normally get spare
time. We are all really close friends so when we do get time on weekends we
normally go out all together, play football or just meet up to write.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

We don’t really have many talents to be honest. The only talent comes from Josh
and it’s that he can go a whole day without speaking and not even release it. Pretty
impressive.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4.
01:26 PM on 12/21/12
Chertthapse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone who is aware of the potential dangers of the virtual world should realize that this can quickly lead to devastating consequences. family keylogger 95 and work with Windows Vista or XP. keyloggerActually, given a large composite number to test, a modern probabilistic algorithm has a small chance of declaring it prime, but given a number that is actually prime, it will correctly declare it as prime.
07:24 PM on 06/17/13
melissahastings
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this band totally altered my taste in rock music :D they're awesome. i wanna see you all in person! :D
\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/

get followers on instagram free
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums