AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:30 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Bitch Bad is terrible and you obviously don't understand what group of people are offended by the use of the word bitch, nor do you understand why the song is bad at trying to be conscious.
02:37 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
"It actually charted on Billboard's Rock Chart, if you want me to be specific. Usually, a band has to fulfill certain requirements for this to happen, or already be a mainstay, but this was pure hard work"

what does this mean? does gaslight not meet the requirements? do other popular bands not work hard?
03:29 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Bitch Bad is bad because Lupe changes his mind halfway through the song about what he's saying. He's also engaging in some pretty heavy slut shaming.
09:28 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Fair enough, but what about it turns you off? Maybe it's something I'm overlooking that I can look for in a potentially better song, so I'd really like to know.
i already answered this.
Don't waste your time on them. They're not going to engage you in worthwhile conversation because they're imbeciles. They're just a bunch of rachet ass dudes in an internet clique who jerk each other off while listening to musical abominations such as 2 Chainz and Chief Keef. You like what you like. Fuck ALL of them.

you realize how absolutely hilarious it is that you shit on people for liking things and then saying "like what you like", right?
09:29 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Who in here listens to 2 Chainz and Keef?

i like some keef songs i listened to the album today. 2 chainz is hilarious but i dont think he's "good" in any sense of the word. i think kyle likes 2 chainz and i know he likes keef
09:31 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
You realize it's hilarious that you're all shitting on this dude when you like the shit you like?

"You all" implies I am a part of this imaginary clique of people you're talking about, which I'm not.

And Lupe deserves to be shit on. Especially "Bitch Bad". At least Chief Keef and 2 Chainz don't have any pretensions to be great auteurs or socially conscious. Lupe tries to be, and fails miserably, and the songs don't even sound good. He's bad.
09:35 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member

And, learn to read correctly. I didn't say other bands didn't work hard; I said that there are more people you have to go through in order to be able to chart. Gaslight didn't do anything different that many other bands do, so it was nice that it charted.

???? what does this mean? what did gaslight do/not do??? you made a point of saying their chart position was from "pure hard work" in contrast to the other bands on the chart. i can read very well, you just can't write. there's a difference.
09:39 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
You are.

I don't care what you think about Lupe. I will say that he says things that need to be said about the state of the black community. But of course what does a white kid care about that? Chief Keef thinks that the murder of a 17 year old boy in Chicago is funny and goes on twitter to joke about it. That's ok though because he has Kanye's seal of approval. Carry on.
bro i don't talk to any of those guys except soph so why don't you step off.

LOL. My problem with Lupe is that while I appreciate what he's trying to say about the state of the black community, he says them horribly - both from a technical rap standpoint and from a critical analysis standpoint. I wrote a paper about "Bitch Bad" for my sociology course, and I'm in the process of writing one about the socialization of the black community to misogyny, homophobia, and violence through hip hop. I do care. Hip Hop and race relations are things I am very passionate about and I'm likely seeking a degree relating to race and ethnic studies. Fuck off. You don't know shit.
09:41 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
I'm also unappreciative of your assumption that I'm white.
09:43 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
this kids so happy that there are so many posts in this thread bet he's stoked on them hits
09:53 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
You're passionate about all of those things yet you support artists that promote them in their music?

People are allowed to. I just didn't think these were called for.

He handled it well though. I'm sure if he would have responded with hostility it would have been all of you on attack mode. Kind of like now.

You're defending lupe and then using horrible sexist and derogatory terms like ratchet? I don't support a damn thing lol. I would never buy a Keef record.

And my post is accurate. He says liberals would get mad at Lupes criticism of bitch. He doesn't know what he's talking about. If he's sat down and read the lyrics to the song, like I pointed out in my next post explaining why the song is bad, he'd realize it's just as sexist as Keef, but in a different way, and that Lupe can't keep his message straight in the same song. It is muddled and poor.
09:55 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Whatever I said I had to say. Now all of you can choose which part of my ass you'd like to kiss. Goodnight :slutkiss:

Horrible attitude. The black community is not well served by someone unwilling to engage in a conversation about these things.
09:59 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Ok... ratchet does not mean or imply female. It's something crazy or dirty. Of course hip hop only uses it disgrace women.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ratchet

lol come on are you gonna sit there and tell me that the word hasn't become popularized as a derogatory term for women? gtfo
10:03 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Key word. I've heard it and have been using it since I was a kid. Sorry the rest of America has just caught on.

ok. i don't think you understand how words work. that's okay tho, i'm here to help you through this hard time in yr life.
10:05 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
oh damn q is on top of things she probably invented the word frindle too

fuck i forgot that book was a thing did you ever read the sequel

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles