AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:28 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
Male - 23 Years Old
Not a bad read. I disagree on a few points but enjoy most of these songs. Too Much Blood is actually my favourite song from Handwritten. I'm not sure which I like most out of 45, Mulholland Drive and Mae but one of those would be my second favourite.
02:37 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Steeeve Perry
Male - 23 Years Old
Well you have 1 good song on their and that Gaslight song which might be the worst single ever.
Haha just this year there were singles including "Cruising California" and "Kill the DJ" which were far inferior, and that's just in the mainstream punk genre. But you were just fishing for a fight anyways so I've taken the bait.

Also, to the OP, I felt "I've got one Jealous Again, again" was by far the best song on Self Entitled.
07:57 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Steeeve Perry
Male - 23 Years Old
Hey don't hate on Crusin' California. I know you heard that base b-bumpin' in my trunk.

Actually nevermind. I just listened to it again. I forgot just how hilariously bad it was. It probably deserves all the hate.
Yeah, I mean, I "get" the song. It's no less of a novelty song than Pretty Fly (also, it's amazing how many people do not know Pretty Fly was a novelty song...). And in a way the Offsping were saying, in my view, "Modern pop music is so easy, we wrote this with our eyes shut". However, it does not make the end product listenable. Also, in Australia at least, it was not very successful. So if anything they inadvertantly showed that whilst modern pop music is easy to write, tweens will not support it if it's made by old white guys. That last sentence depends on whether you consider Ke$ha an old white guy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets