Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 72 of 72
10:23 AM on 02/27/08
SeanYim08
music
User Info.
Idk i was having second thoughts about getting this ep, so I'll probably just download it somewhere else and check it out
02:46 PM on 02/27/08
You Won't Know
You're fuckin out and I'm fuckin in
User Info.
Agreed - all of these b-sides could replace anything on Lies. I'm also bummed they didn't include "Pain", which is my favorite b-side they have.

Hey can you send me a link for Pain? I want to hear it...
02:53 PM on 02/27/08
You Won't Know
You're fuckin out and I'm fuckin in
User Info.
Also, the reason some songs on the b side may seem to be better is because they probably are (i haven't heard the EP but i know about music industry) BUT the record execs ultimately have the last word on which songs the band can put on an album, because in truth, although the band may be all about music, record execs are about money fopr the most part, and they want the most accessable sound to thier demographic. right now the used is pulling in the faux riche teenage girls who learn all the words to the catchy songs <and> they are being featured on TV shows as soundtracks..

Valid point...
The Used still manage to include a few heavier scream-fests on most records, too.

But I also agree with Joe's point, most of the songs that are b-sides are better than about half of the Lies for the Liars CD, and some of In Love and Death.

And while the Used don't sound much like Fall Out Boy (sorry whoever stated that), the same trend applies to FOB. I LOVE the b-sides off FUCT... Hand of God might be some of the best stuff they've ever written.
11:15 AM on 02/29/08
forTherecord
User Info.
the intro to "into my web" on shallow believer is pretty sweet.

but nothing will beat their first album in my opinion
08:23 PM on 03/14/08
nathalie.fm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Used happens to be my favorite band right now. I really loved their first album, but I wasn't very impressed with Lies For The Liars. When I downloaded some of these EPs prior to Shallow Believer, I was incredibly happy. My favorites would be "Pain" and "Tunnel."

I really liked their self-titled album and In Love & Death.
07:02 PM on 04/06/08
TheVsed
Viva la Feldmann
User Info.
you ha ve to think if he may be just looking out for his voice and making sure he is still able to be a performer
(sorry i wrote so much)
well said. he is the shit live.

i personally like "slit your own throat," "into my web," "tunnel," and "my pesticide"
and ive been listenin to "choke me" all the time
10:58 AM on 10/02/08
aleenajean
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so, you all posted comments saying what you tihnk about the "new album" i would just like to clarify, MOST the songs on shallow believer are NOT new, they are unreleased tracks they recorded a while ago, thats why this is a EP.. not a "album".
10:39 AM on 03/24/09
MCR!<3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the used is an amazing band and all the haters are jealous!
10:39 AM on 03/24/09
MCR!<3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the used is an amazing band and all the haters are jealous!
03:58 PM on 02/24/10
BozzBlonde
twitter.com/adeadgod
User Info.
Only cd I own by this band is their self-titled album (2002). I adore the track "Sick Hearts" off of this album though.
09:08 PM on 05/20/11
InfiniteArms
Let me be your superhero
User Info.
Dark Days could've replaced Find A Way and Devil Beside You could've replaced smother me
09:07 PM on 01/01/12
InfiniteArms
Let me be your superhero
User Info.
Not gonna lie, this is better than their albums. Which is kinda sad.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos