|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Open To Fire
Free EP Download - www.opentofire.bandcamp.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/opentofire
1. How did you get your band name?
It was actually stolen from the game Call of Duty. Which I'm sure is pretty nerdy, but in one of the games when you did something wrong the game would shout to you that you are 'open to fire'. So I guess that's admitting I'm a nerd and pretty rubbish one at that.
2. How did this band get started?
We all kind of met through mutual friends, of course two of us are brothers but we all just kind of just ended up at a local pub and started a band. Pretty easy really.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We're all influenced by all sorts, but the main ones are The Gaslight Anthem, Brand New, Oasis and The Beatles I'd say. Classic rock and roll along with some of the newer US punk/Alt bands.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Very difficult question but I'd probably have to go with Nirvana, Oasis and The Rolling Stones at their respective peaks. I guess there's an affection for the 'dangerous' side of music there.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Has and will always be a meat feast pizza with BBQ base. Close behind is a classic English Fish and Chips. Fast food!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We're all very handsome and I like to think pretty damn good at writing a song. To not be too cocky.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Probably some sort of famous playboy type. Jenson Button from Formula 1. Drives extremely fast cars and has a lot of women. Either that or a darts player, not too energetic and gets to spend all day in the bar/pub.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Haha highly unlikely, but I guess the rest of the band, fans and my parents. Who else is there?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The obvious class divide between the working class and upper middle class who get everything they like handed to them on a plate. But I guess that's an issue in all aspects of life.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Probably the worst/wild, which I'm sure everyone is most interested in. Stayed up all night partying without any sleep and with a lot of alcohol at a gig about 300 miles from the next show the very next day. Drove all day with possibly the worst hangover I've ever experienced and played a hometown show to all my family and friends practically falling asleep on stage. I hope we've made up for that one.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A place to find out about amazing bands first, and a place to chat to a lot of cool people about those bands.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Show Me The Way is always the track that gets our fans going the most at gigs. Right now my favourite to play is probably Higher though. Fast, hard and usually the opening track.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I spend a lot of my time in London as it's only an hour on the train and it's the most amazing city. Although other than that usually somewhere hot like Spain.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Easy answer, Michael Jackson. He was God when I was just getting into music. 1993-ish. That and Oasis, still remember my brother bringing home 'Be Here Now' to this day. And it's still one of my favourite albums.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Is Teleportation a super power? I would kill for that. Mainly for issues relating to question 10. Although who wouldn't want to ability to just appear in New York City or London or Las Vegas whenever they felt like it.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Not particularly, just have a few drinks and speak to everyone who has come out to see us. Hate the bands who think they're too good to speak to the crowd.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I love Backstreet Boys. Please don't post that one.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Probably not, although I don't like most of what it plays anyway. I find most of my music online and listen to CD's or my iPod. So the radio doesn't mean a lot to me anymore.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play Xbox, watch Football (Soccer), watch Breaking Bad and films and going to clubs/bars. The usual things most young men enjoy?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm kind of a computer geek, fixing and working on them. But please don't ask me to fix your PC, I'm kind of sick of it.
01:34 AM on 12/14/12
More From This Author