Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 12 posts.
06:43 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Honestly, NO ONE here thought he was a good vocalist? I was quite surprised at his performance on the last album and thought that this CD was a huge step in the right direction. There is no reason for this band to continue now, only two original members. It's too bad, they were doing very well.
07:31 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Haven't heard these since Someday Came Suddenly. Are they better or worse than Woe, Is Me?

Watch the AA! video for The Wretched, you'll find your answer there and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
08:48 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Phil is WAYYYY too good for this band. Sucks for I Am Abomination, their newest full length is ridiculously good.

At this point it's not AA! anymore so I guess it's like the IAA singer joining a band with the guitarist and drummer for AA!. Honestly, since IAA only has two members their guitarist (who is excellent) should just join too.
09:30 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
They got better after Aaron left, I don't see how that could be seen as living off the name.

Very debatable. Disambiguation is my least favorite UO record not counting the two debut EPS.
09:32 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
So much truth in this statement. And this could turn out to be excellent, if the guitarist from IAA joined, too.

Attack the Abomination! anyone haha? It makes the most sense seeing how if Phil leaves IAA then IAA isn' really a band anymore with just one member - the guitarist. AA! isn't a band either with just a drummer and a guitarist.

EDIT: Just realized that the guitarist is Nick Sampson. he's becoming quite the successful producer (In Fear and Faith, Adestria, IAA) so I doubt this would happen.
09:34 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
I'll never understand why so many people put so much importance on the name of a band. Just enjoy the music and leave it at that.

If every member of Brand New quit besides the drummer and he decided to make it a rap project wouldn't people be irritated if he kept the Brand New name? I think it's perfectly understandable, sometimes it's just time to rename, rebrand and move on.
09:35 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Really? You see he dudes that played on Act of Depression as a bigger part of Underoath than the people that have been playing in it since 2004? The guys no one can even name that played on a demo or two are more deserving of the title? I honestly don't even see Underoath as "being Underoath" until TOCS, when they finally solidified a sound. Then they moved forward with that sound and losing Aaron was the natural progression of that. I totally think it made sense for them to keep the name. Its not like the guys that were in the band for six months back in 2001 gave a shit about them using it.

Agreed.
10:13 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Meh, he was okay. His screams were really forced, but I think that was to be expected. It's definitely commendable to step up and try though, I have a lot of respect for him in that regard. I just fucking hate their music.

I was really impressed with him as a whole. He went from a dopey, fat scene kid to a - no homo - handsome, in shape powerful frontman who made strides in both singing and screaming, produced (pretty well IMO) several records, gotten married, has an electronic side project...all before 20.
10:14 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Why are people assuming that this means an end to I Am Abomination? Maybe he'll front two bands.

Never really got into I Am Abomination, but they are my Downriver MI brethren, so I will support them.

Especially since the other member of IAA - Nick Sampson - is a producer first, I'd see this as a possibility.
10:53 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Yeah not going to lie I have a bit of a mancrush on Caleb Shomo after all that.

On a side note, are you and Djentleman the same person?
11:10 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
if that's another user... then no haha
Ahh, yeah there is someone on here called Djentleman. I thought it was a pretty clever name!
02:18 PM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
wheres the dvd\documentary?!?

thanks man :gay:
Haha, np!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates