08:07 AM on 12/13/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
08:18 AM on 12/13/12
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Okay... why are you keeping this band alive...

I'd love to see Caleb in a new band, but he'll probably do more of his electronic music. Still pretty good stuff though.

Edit: We are never gonna see that "documentary"...
08:32 AM on 12/13/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
As if your threads weren't enough proof that you're a fucking idiot...

Lol yousa badass.

I'm talking about how underoath lost most of their original members, then eventually all and just lived off the name until they decided to break up.

Which is what Attack Attack is doing, a herp a fucking derp
08:32 AM on 12/13/12
UntamedLazyeye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He did start up another band called Bear Tooth

https://twitter.com/BEARTOOTHband
08:37 AM on 12/13/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
Phil is WAYYYY too good for this band. Sucks for I Am Abomination, their newest full length is ridiculously good.
08:48 AM on 12/13/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Phil is WAYYYY too good for this band. Sucks for I Am Abomination, their newest full length is ridiculously good.

At this point it's not AA! anymore so I guess it's like the IAA singer joining a band with the guitarist and drummer for AA!. Honestly, since IAA only has two members their guitarist (who is excellent) should just join too.
08:51 AM on 12/13/12
slowmotion90
User Info.
At this point it's not AA! anymore so I guess it's like the IAA singer joining a band with the guitarist and drummer for AA!. Honestly, since IAA only has two members their guitarist (who is excellent) should just join too.
So much truth in this statement. And this could turn out to be excellent, if the guitarist from IAA joined, too.
08:55 AM on 12/13/12
peejrunko
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Attack Attack is now an Abomination.
09:00 AM on 12/13/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
That makes a lot of sense, but I doubt it would happen. It would've made more sense to just announce the AA! guys as IAA's touring band.
09:04 AM on 12/13/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Lol yousa badass.

I'm talking about how underoath lost most of their original members, then eventually all and just lived off the name until they decided to break up.

Which is what Attack Attack is doing, a herp a fucking derp
They got better after Aaron left, I don't see how that could be seen as living off the name.
09:05 AM on 12/13/12
kkeebb
User Info.
I'm not even surprised when I see news like this.
I feel like I should join AA and then quit. Since all the cool kids are doing it.
09:08 AM on 12/13/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
They got better after Aaron left, I don't see how that could be seen as living off the name.

If they got better is a matter of opinion. They lost all of their original members and were no longer "underoath" but kept the name. Until recently, because fans and most likely the members themselves noticed how dumb it was to try to keep going under that name.
09:17 AM on 12/13/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
I feel like such an old man reading the comments in here.
09:19 AM on 12/13/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
If they got better is a matter of opinion. They lost all of their original members and were no longer "underoath" but kept the name. Until recently, because fans and most likely the members themselves noticed how dumb it was to try to keep going under that name.
Really? You see he dudes that played on Act of Depression as a bigger part of Underoath than the people that have been playing in it since 2004? The guys no one can even name that played on a demo or two are more deserving of the title? I honestly don't even see Underoath as "being Underoath" until TOCS, when they finally solidified a sound. Then they moved forward with that sound and losing Aaron was the natural progression of that. I totally think it made sense for them to keep the name. Its not like the guys that were in the band for six months back in 2001 gave a shit about them using it.
09:21 AM on 12/13/12
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.

I'll never understand why so many people put so much importance on the name of a band. Just enjoy the music and leave it at that.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests