Username
Password

09:11 AM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old

So terrible, they're reporting now that the principal and a teacher got shot.

On a side note we posted the same thread at the same time so I suppose we'll just use this one now.
09:18 AM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
The details of this are becoming increasingly gruesome, with a witness now saying the principal and psychologist are dead.
10:05 AM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
And there was just a shooting at an Oregon mall this weekend too I guess? What the fuck man, what the fuck.
10:21 AM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
That ^^ is terrifying
03:43 PM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
That Huckabee comment <<<<<
03:59 PM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
Those Huckabee comments really distress me because it's times like these when it's really tough to believe in a God man. I haven't for a while, but this just reinforces it, and it sucks because I'm not opposed to believe in something. Just watching that Deacon of the Newtown parish earlier really did it for me, and having him say how some of those kids and adults involved in that shooting were in his congregation week after week, and now they're deceased due to this awful tragedy. Loyal followers of God now gone in a brutal fashion, how is there any justification for it on a holy level? These shootings just keep happening and nothing gets done to prevent them in the future, they're dying in vain. How can a God let this keep happening when their deaths don't usher any change. Not at all a basis for a religious argument, just some thoughts I needed to put down that have been filling my head with the unfolding of the events.
05:14 PM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
As a Catholic and a Republican, fuck Huckabee for what he said. Fuck how the media is trying to sensationalize such senseless acts of violence.

To cubsml34, I can understand how at times like this believing in a God is difficult. And I don't blame you for you not believing in him. However, the way I see it, is he gave humans the free will to do what they choose. God did not shoot these people, and he will be with all of those who let him in through prayer, community, friends, family, loving support, and therapy. I believe all things happen for a reason and, as absolutely tragic a situation this is, to me, this is the time where God is closest. When we are vulnerable. When we are upset, grieving, and in need of guidance. God is there listening, and he will always be the one I lean on in such times of grief- even if it's me being angry at him. He knows that sometimes that's what us humans have to go through.

I totally understand you brother. One of my best friends and roommate is Muslim who I'm sure would agree with some or all of what you said. I've had a lot of talks with him about God and religion and I have the utmost respect for people who can find God in situations like these, maybe I just haven't found a connection yet.

Being a deist makes a lot more sense to me in terrible situations like this. God just created the world and let it go, terrible things can happen and they are not his doing or in his ability to prevent. He's just there, like the rest of us. Really don't want to start a religious debate, but that cubsmale got me thinking, and tragedies like this always get me thinking about existence and consciousness anyway.

Only thing I'm sure of is that there is a lot that needs to be done about mental health issues, this shooter was clearly not mentally stable and needed help but never got it. That's a much bigger issue than controlling guns to me, though reform laws definitely need to be discussed.

That made me smile haha.
05:18 PM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm right there with you. One of the first things that came to mind when I heard about it.

It's such a tragedy that I can't help thinking about God in relation to it. It sucks and just shakes any hope I had of faith coming back.
05:42 PM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
That poor brother of the gunman. Thank you to the media for getting your facts straight before proclaiming the wrong person the killer for 2 hours, oh wait.
11:18 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
Lemont/Chicago
Male - 21 Years Old
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...town-crackdown

The quote from Larry Pratt in there is enraging. The subject the article is a real schmuck as well.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos