HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tom doesn't look like he wants to be there though
09:55 AM on 12/17/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh, and this is a great Angels And Airwaves song. I wonder why it didn't make the E.P.

take out the synths/keys in blink 182 PLEASSE
12:55 PM on 12/17/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't mind toms "new" vocal style as much now. It's his repetitiveness with the keys/synths that ruin every song. I think that's why the first AVA album was so good, it was fresh, catchy, and all of it seemed to work. Years later it's stale. I think the ava synth has no place in Blink 182.
They used to be raw, just guitar/bass/drums, and I think they should go back to it. If they want anything else, use pedals...distortion and delay.

So much better than Boxing Day; the chorus screams "Box Car Racer". But the verse is Everything's Magic part 2, Tom has been using the same damn vocal lines for years.

I still can't get past the vocal style Tom's used for the last seven years. Song is okay.
06:57 PM on 12/17/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
NO. So you don't want Blink 182 to ever use other instruments other than guitars and drums?? how boring, some keys and synths are always nice to hear to have variety! Just saying what I think.
all ava synths sound the same...and now he brought it to Blink. Korg has many different sounds, Tom should learn to use them or don't use it atall.
Uh, did you not hear the self-titled album or something?
the self-titled sounded nothing like AVA. Most of the tracks were raw sounding. Besides Asthenia and Lost Without You, all the songs sounded perfectly excellent with just the three members and distortion and delay pedals. But hey, what do i know.
08:03 PM on 12/17/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not much, going by this post and the rest of your post history.
flattered. cause I don't even know who you are.
08:25 AM on 12/18/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You realize Blink has had keys/synth on every record since Enema, right? And that there was a synth on the single version of "Dammit"?
yes because 1997 blink 182 sounds just like heavily synthesized space music Angels and Airwaves. I mean, to you blink has always been heavily synthesized. To me they were simply a 3 piece rock band until self-titled.

Man, it seems like no one is allowed to have their own opinion - especially on this website. I don't get why people are so damn self righteous.
this

Originally Posted by StupidKid182;
You realize Blink has always been a three piece rock band don't you? your so dumb. And blink has always had synths. Cant you here it in carousel and pathetic and dumpweed, and all the small things, and what's my age again?
No kid, I don't hear the synths until Neighborhoods, this EP, 90% of AVA, and on a few Plus 44 tracks.

well kiddo, ever wonder why Stockholm syndrome sounds so shitty live? Well i'll tell you. They need a second guitarist for that song.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos