Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 542
10:26 AM on 12/17/12
Simulcast
You're not a teammate on my team
User Info.
When I was Young is pretty good. The rest don't do anything for me. Another Blink release I'll be skipping. Oh well.
10:26 AM on 12/17/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

You're welcome, child.
10:27 AM on 12/17/12
scoobs0688
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ill be honest, im on listen #5ish right now and it sounds way less ridiculous than at first, the rapping that is
me7719
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, kids in this thread LOVING NFG for still pumping out Pop Punk. The band that never dared to try anything different.
I totally agree they play it safe always, but sometimes you experiment so much that you lose the sound that made people enjoy your music in the first place. Sure NFG could switch it up a bit and try something different, Coming Home was i think the starting of that attempt... I personally love that album but it got shit on by everyone so I think they just said lets stay with what people like. Blink on the other hand I think have pushed in a direction that at minimum is just not for me, I am not a U2 fan and all of toms guitar work just totally reminds me of U2 and the Edge.
agreenmagician
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I gotta concur with the Yelawolf comments. I never thought I'd see the day when they had a rapper guest on a track... his verse is so out of place it ruins the whole song, in my opinion. Otherwise, I love the EP and hope they decide to record the next full length this way.

Yelawolf looks like he doesn't want to be there.
aspartame
so more to life
User Info.
Didn't everyone stop liking this band in highschool? Did it become cool again, like that "things that aren't cool are the coolest" thing?
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
There's actually a surprising amount who think CH is their best album, or at least the best post-S&S one.
I really liked the direction where CH went. Idk if I would say it's their best release, but I would have liked to have seen more material in that tone with more energy; but, NFG clearly have the pop-punk thing down and probably going to ride on it until the sunset.
10:28 AM on 12/17/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Like the EP as a whole. Will love to hear it in better quality but it sounds good. Instead of it sounding like one band or another it sounds like mark, tom, and travis having fun at what they enjoy and do best. It will turn some folks off but there are elements on this ep that would never be in angels and airwaves or +44. All together they form blink-182 at its core. They all work together and have fun. Even the rap segment which honestly did seem a bit out of place was not terrible (I rarely listen to rap too). I think this ep was just the band having fun together and they choose to release the songs. Tom will always want epic intros and dynamics, Mark will always want catchy choruses and punk influences, and travis will always lay down some great beats and bring in his own influences.

What makes blink-182 great is that they don't restrict themselves to a genre nor do they solely sound like just 1 member wrote anything. It is 3 friends who are just having fun and writing for the sake of writing. In this case the EP is a shining example of each member's influence. That as a result is blink-182. I doubt I would wanna write pop punk when I am 40 as well so its good to see them just try new stuff and enjoy writing together.
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm curious...does anyone think mark's losing his acruity on songwriting? I mean, it seems like with each passing release he's sing less and less...do you think it's thank or tom/mark want tom to take the singing reigns?
I think Mark still writes a good majority of the songs - he just doesn't sing lead vocals as much. He's mentioned before in interviews he's worried/self-conscious about his voice.
Vince Early
Size The Day
User Info.
You guys can all be dumb - it is possible.
I agree with your opinion, however calling people dumb because they hear AVA in this release is very pompous.
10:29 AM on 12/17/12
tmathews
User Info.
For me with bands it's like what Dispatch says. Their sound is the three of them. The songs and album will change and be different. But their 3 vocals together. That is Dispatch. So for like Blink, tom and marks vocals, and Travis drumming. That's blink to me. Whatever they try musically together, however it grows or changes, if it is the three of them together, that's blink.
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Hahaha, no as soon as you posted I posted, like seconds apart.

And yeah, I thought NWAF was great, actually got me back into the band and made me go back and listen to all the old stuff. Radiosurgery made me want to just not listen to them.
For me, Radiosurgery is like what people seem to think Uno and Dos is to Green Day, middling at best songs (well, minus Anthem for the Unwanted and Summer Fling. Those two ruled) that previous eras of NFG could've banged out with their eyes closed.
YouHaveNoClue
User Info.
Also, kids in this thread LOVING NFG for still pumping out Pop Punk. The band that never dared to try anything different.
Good.. and thats why people dont hate on them
10:30 AM on 12/17/12
jtresk26
Tambourine Jamboree
User Info.
Really enjoying this EP. Pretty Little Girl and When I Was Young stood out right away for me.
10:30 AM on 12/17/12
mchase012
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Went into the Yelawolf rap with an open mind but...I'm not feeling it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos