Username
Password

12:18 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
Cpt. Geech
Foreign Tongues
New York, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
So, i've been a pretty active user of this site for the past 5 years or so. While i dont comment or discuss on things too much i come to AP to find new music and read certain reviews. After all these years i got to see my band and what i care about more than anything be featured on the front page. I'm sure i'm not speaking for just myself when i say it feels good to work on something you love and have it get noticed!

What have you guys done that got noticed that made you feel upright spectacular?
12:46 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
Orgasmville, NA
Otherkin
Someone really liked the Powder! Go Away mix I submitted for the AP mixtape exchange.

That shit made me feel amazing.

But then I realized feeling amazing over something like that was woefully depressing.

So it really actually depressed the shit out of me.

And this thread reminded me of it.

Fuck you, pal.
12:47 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
Male - 21 Years Old
What have you guys done that got noticed that made you feel upright spectacular?

Absolutely nothing. Thanks for making me feel shit about myself.
01:09 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
Las Vegas, NV
Female - 21 Years Old
My whole life, I've never been much of an artist, but this semester I did really well in my drawing class. I never realized I was good at observational drawing, until I saw how realistic my stuff looked. My professor would always walk around the class and tell us what was wrong with our drawings, like with our proportions or shading. I usually had small issues, but toward the end of the semester, he sort of stopped criticizing my drawings. One time, he just looked over my shoulder and asked, "You're an art major, right?" I'm a business major. So that felt pretty good.
02:49 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
Cpt. Geech
Foreign Tongues
New York, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Someone really liked the Powder! Go Away mix I submitted for the AP mixtape exchange.

That shit made me feel amazing.

But then I realized feeling amazing over something like that was woefully depressing.

So it really actually depressed the shit out of me.

And this thread reminded me of it.

Fuck you, pal.

learn to enjoy the little things, buddy.
02:49 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
Cpt. Geech
Foreign Tongues
New York, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Absolutely nothing. Thanks for making me feel shit about myself.

i didnt. you did.
02:50 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
Cpt. Geech
Foreign Tongues
New York, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
My whole life, I've never been much of an artist, but this semester I did really well in my drawing class. I never realized I was good at observational drawing, until I saw how realistic my stuff looked. My professor would always walk around the class and tell us what was wrong with our drawings, like with our proportions or shading. I usually had small issues, but toward the end of the semester, he sort of stopped criticizing my drawings. One time, he just looked over my shoulder and asked, "You're an art major, right?" I'm a business major. So that felt pretty good.

Thats excellent! realizing youre good at something you never really tried is awesome! i hoped to find that with drawing myself. Unfortunately, i can't draw to save my life.
03:05 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
One of the best moments of my life is when I cheated on a question and everyone, including my professor, thought I was a genius...The highlight of my life is a lie
05:34 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
tommylin
No Avatar Selected
Boston, MA
Male - 22 Years Old
Yes, appreciating the little things in life are key. Honestly the best feelings in my life generally always happen with things that are unnoticed by others. That is, the certain things that make me feel good not because of something based off the gratitude or approval of others.

Whenever i accomplish a goal whether it be finishing a book or doing well on an essay is something that gives me a good feeling because i know i put my best foot forth on that certain work, not because the teacher gave me an A. I think doing things for yourself first is the most important thing, feeding your emotional needs first then others second.

But congratulations on making the front page, i can relate with that feeling of being noticed in the music scene.
05:51 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
everything I've done has never been noticed ):
06:57 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
jesse_hitz
Juice
South Slocan
Male - 24 Years Old
So, i've been a pretty active user of this site for the past 5 years or so. While i dont comment or discuss on things too much i come to AP to find new music and read certain reviews. After all these years i got to see my band and what i care about more than anything be featured on the front page. I'm sure i'm not speaking for just myself when i say it feels good to work on something you love and have it get noticed!

This Post :)
08:48 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
leftapart
Bay Area, CA
Male
06:23 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old

Is it your birthday today?
06:33 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Is it your birthday today?

Yes, it is!
06:38 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old

Happy birthday! What are you doing to celebrate?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos