08:32 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/mart...linton-for-hbo

Quote:
HBO has announced via Twitter that Martin Scorsese will be doing a documentary on William Jefferson Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States. The doc will cover the former president's dual terms in office and his work in politics after. This will be the second HBO documentary that Scorsese has done. The first being GEORGE HARRISON: LIVING IN THE MATERIAL WORLD which was released in October of last year.

This is what Scorsese had to say about the project, "A towering figure who remains a major voice in world issues, President Clinton continues to shape the political dialogue both here and around the world. Through intimate conversations, I hope to provide greater insight into this transcendent figure."

Clinton also chimed in, "I am pleased that legendary director Martin Scorsese and HBO have agreed to do this film. I look forward to sharing my perspective on my years as President, and my work in the years since, with HBO’s audience."

If you are wondering if any detailed coverage of Clinton's affairs would be included, it's too early to tell. While the whole film should not significantly highlight that, I hope that it digs deeper. I'd like to hear some updated thoughts on that as well as some other significant topics (Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Black Hawk Down) that came up during his term.

This has potential.
08:58 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 26 Years Old
His documentary work has been better than his fiction films for a while, but he will probably paint Clinton in a far too positive light.
09:43 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
Yeah I have a feeling this will be a little too biased to be great.
11:29 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
everything is biased, so what. A movie about Bill Clinton being the spawn of Satan can be equally as good of a movie as one where Bill Clinton is painted as the son of God.
06:23 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
Raynham, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Staff Member
Definitely interested in this one
07:31 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
His documentary work has been better than his fiction films for a while, but he will probably paint Clinton in a far too positive light.

agree with his 100%
07:31 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old

agree with this 100%
07:33 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
everything is biased, so what. A movie about Bill Clinton being the spawn of Satan can be equally as good of a movie as one where Bill Clinton is painted as the son of God.

equally as bad you mean.
08:23 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
Lisboa, Portugal
Male - 27 Years Old
colour me interested.

also, what's wrong with Scorcese's latest fiction work? Hugo and Shutter Island were both really good films.
08:28 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
colour me interested.

also, what's wrong with Scorcese's latest fiction work? Hugo and Shutter Island were both really good films.

forgot about Hugo, it was excellent... Shutter Island, eh...

In all honesty, I was thinking Oliver Stone instead of Scorcese for some reason?!?! My brain is fukt
08:41 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
Will definitely watch this.
10:20 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
I thought Shutter Island was fantastic. There were obviously a few odds and ends that bothered me, but other than that, it's another solid DiCaprio-Scorsese tandem.

Never saw Hugo, though. I'm guessing I should check it out?
10:33 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
Lisboa, Portugal
Male - 27 Years Old
forgot about Hugo, it was excellent... Shutter Island, eh...

In all honesty, I was thinking Oliver Stone instead of Scorcese for some reason?!?! My brain is fukt

no way man, Shutter Island was so great ! ahah
10:45 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 26 Years Old
Shutter Island was the worst film in Scorsese's career, and there is a deep bench of underwhelming films to draw from.
11:15 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Shutter Island was the worst film in Scorsese's career, and there is a deep bench of underwhelming films to draw from.

I agree that Shutter Island is his worst film, but it's not a bad movie... that being said...

A deep bench of underwhelming films??? Really? He's got one or two duds in the lot but the good FAR outweighs the bad...

Scorsese has made quite a few excellent films in his career

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version