Password

02:21 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old

"After more than 900 days of detainment in United States military jails for allegedly disclosing state secrets, the haunting imprisonment of accused WikiLeaks source Pfc. Bradley Manning was discussed in court for the first time at the latest round of pretrial motion hearings that began on Nov. 27 in Fort Meade, MD. Below is an account of those court proceedings."

Great article from Vice linked above that should be required reading for all Americans...

This guy leaked 250,000+ war documents (to Julian Assange's Wikileaks) to show the world what really happens in a modern day asymmetrical war like the ones the US waged on Iraq and Afganistan. He's being detained in solitary confinement for what will be over 1,000 days when he will finally be court-martialed by a military judge next March. 10 percent of his life in solitary confinement. I never hear about this in any mainstream news outlets or newspapers. The majority of the support this guy gets is from overseas, not from Americans. This very active and official Facebook page dedicated to him is dominated by non-Americans (it's really the only page on Facebook you'd like if you cared to search for one of his, so that's why I say official). The city where the most people are talking about this page is London, England, United Kingdom. Not that this page is the deciding factor in awareness of this guy's situation, but it still makes a point. America disgusts me sometimes.
04:14 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
NewAgeofHorus
Great Barrier Reef
Male - 22 Years Old
I think they should let him go and those keeping secrets from the people should be locked up.

It's not his fault the US govt. is a huge piece if shit
04:39 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Ricketts
@allenricketts
Dallas, TX
Male - 22 Years Old
I think they should let him go and those keeping secrets from the people should be locked up.

It's not his fault the US govt. is a huge piece if shit

Yup. Pretty much.
09:23 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
Meh. Fuck him.
09:37 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old

Really? Elaborate. I'd love to hear your dumbass opinion so I know what idiots think when they read on issues like this.
09:43 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Ben09
Registered Member
The Woodlands, TX
Male
Really? Elaborate. I'd love to hear your dumbass opinion so I know what idiots think when they read on issues like this.

Why are you so butthurt? I have family in the military that fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. He put others in harms way.

Go back to your little hole kid.
09:47 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male

He put American lives at risk. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the GWB presidency and the Afghani & Iraqi War, but leaking information put American troops in harms way.
09:51 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I mean I don't think what he did is as wrong as everyone else but he knew what he was doing and he knew what the consequences would be when, not if he got caught, so I can't really say that he should be set free.
10:01 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
Why are you so butthurt? I have family in the military that fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. He put others in harms way.

Go back to your little hole kid.

He put others in harm's way? Manning's leaks helped end the war. Global awareness of the disgusting tragedies put forth by the American (and its allies') militaries day to day in Iraq and Afganistan, due to these leaks, are what helped end the war. That's saving lives from an easily logical perspective.

He put American lives at risk. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the GWB presidency and the Afghani & Iraqi War, but leaking information put American troops in harms way.

I think deploying American troops in other countries with weapons and the intention of overhauling the current controlling regimes is what puts them in harm's way.
10:04 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Troops are put in harms way when they get deployed...That's what they signed up for.

"What! Only we suppose to have guns!"
10:05 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
I'm sorry, T!
North Jersey
Male
I think deploying American troops in other countries with weapons and the intention of overhauling the current controlling regimes is what puts them in harm's way.

They signed up, they knew what they were getting into. When one of their own lets the enemy know their whereabouts, then that is treason.
10:07 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
stupid counter argument.
10:10 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
i was under the impression that wikileaks never really released anything of any real importance.

this manning guy should be treated better by his jailors, but other then that i have no strong feelings either way at this point.
10:12 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
They signed up, they knew what they were getting into. When one of their own lets the enemy know their whereabouts, then that is treason.

i was under the impression that wikileaks never really released anything of any real importance.

this manning guy should be treated better by his jailors, but other then that i have no strong feelings either way at this point.

Assange and Wikileaks as an organization have, time and time again, reiterated the fact that the releases did no harm to any troops. They did not disclose locations or strategic intelligence in terms of whereabouts or anything of that sort.
10:16 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
I don't believe treason is possible in this situation, we're talking about the Iraq war here. The American government is the criminal organization. He is outing the criminals. Only through the eyes of a pro-American-government douche who thinks his country was right to invade, can treason be used as a legitimate argument.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos