I have some music you should listen to
11:30 AM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.

Of course not.
11:32 AM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.
If you still think we have anything remotely close to the same taste - I dunno what to tell you.

Taste is still a thing? In 2012?
11:34 AM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.
Jeremih
11:54 AM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.
I'm not gonna read a novel by the dude but he constructs some of the best songs in pop music at the moment. Voice isn't the strongest but it's definitely "good". But of course Tate is gonna shit on the dude and the genre etc etc
01:43 PM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.
you guys he has talent he's just not good. he's above average at best but he's not a good singer and he's a hack writer based on one tumblr post where he pours his heart out

open.your.mind
01:49 PM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.
You do a good job misrepresenting everything I say ... well done.

I mean I think I literally just quoted ever post you made in this thread, correct?

You called him a hack

He's not a good writer.

You said he's not a good writer. I can only assume this is either because of his lyrics or the tumblr post because he has not written any other books.

He's not a good singer either.

You said he is not a good singer.

He's not. High-school choirs have better vocalists. He's above average as a singer ...

then you called him above average as a singer
01:54 PM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.
How does one use "literally" and "assume" in the same post and think they're not being disingenuous? You did not literally quote me.
Fuck dude do I have to go back and mishmash my quote to make it fit with yours? You called him a hack and said he's not a good singer nor writer then you called him "above average". All of those things were in my post. I literally quoted the words that you said.

"Hack"
"He's not a good singer"
"Above average"
01:57 PM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.
The Tate scale of music, where you can be "above average" but because you make RnB still not be "good".
The Tate scale of music, where you can write some of the most personal lyrics in 2012 complete with a slew of literary techniques and metaphors and references yet not be a "good" writer
01:58 PM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.
No, you don't have to do shit ... but if you're going to pretend to quote me, you might as well actually quote me or not stick extra words in my mouth or remove others and context. I mean, it ruins your attempt at humor, I know ...
Break it down then, dawg. Why isn't he a good singer? Why isn't he a good writer?
02:01 PM on 12/18/12
Star Slight
User Info.
So, now we're again just going to completely make up shit and assign it to me and pretend it's true and factual. You're good at this game. Has nothing to do with what music is being made. And yes, you can definitely write very personal lyrics using a " a slew of literary techniques and metaphors and references" and still not be a very good writer. You can also write very non-personal stuff ignoring basically all literary rules and techniques and be an insanely great writer. This doesn't need to be called the "Tate scale" of anything ... it's just called the real world.
So what's not very good about his writing? Assuming that you've spun the album a few times
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests