Password

07:37 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Quote:
1600 Penn is an American single camera television comedy series about a dysfunctional family living in the White House. The series stars Jenna Elfman and Bill Pullman. NBC placed a series order in May 2012.[1] The series premiered on December 17, 2012, and will make its regular time slot premiere on January 10, 2013.

I haven't heard a lot about this show, but the cast looks promising.

Did anyone see the pilot last night?
10:08 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
Champaign-Urbana,...
Male - 23 Years Old
I saw about five minutes of the premier after The Voice and didn't think it was very funny, but didn't finish the rest, so who knows.
10:09 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm rooting for this show to bomb to increase the chances of Community getting picked up again. haha
10:11 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Looks...almost decent. How did Cody not already have a thread for this?
10:53 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old

I watched it last night. While, it's not perfect, it's pretty damn funny, and about as decent as an NBC show can get... It starts off pretty funny, with the humor focusing around the sun, but has the standard cliche network added sappy parts that make you wanna shoot your television.
11:38 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified

If I know you as well as I think I do (REALLY REALLY REALLY well) I'm pretty sure this show is right up your alley.
11:52 AM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
wall e
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
it won't be as good as Cory In The House
12:06 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
GoodTimes
regret would require less arrogance
Dallas
Male
I thought it was pretty awful. The Skip character was unbearably annoying.
12:12 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
If I know you as well as I think I do (REALLY REALLY REALLY well) I'm pretty sure this show is right up your alley.

I don't think you know me that well, but why do you say that... does the show have some sort of political undertones that relate to conspiracies or something?
12:17 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
I don't think you know me that well, but why do you say that... does the show have some sort of political undertones that relate to conspiracies or something?

No no, just judging by the shows you seem to enjoy here in the entertainment forum. Nothing conspiracy related.
12:24 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
No no, just judging by the shows you seem to enjoy here in the entertainment forum. Nothing conspiracy related.

okay cool... I figured when you said "REALLY REALLY REALLY well" you were referring to my political views more so than my choice in TV shows...

Other than Veep, what shows would you compare this to?
12:48 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
okay cool... I figured when you said "REALLY REALLY REALLY well" you were referring to my political views more so than my choice in TV shows...

Other than Veep, what shows would you compare this to?

Hahah no I was just making a joke seeing as I don't really know you at all. I've only seen the first episode and read the one next week, but I think it's fair to compare it to Modern Family or even Parks and Rec.... outside of the setting being the White House, it's basically a show about the family and the people connected to them. I don't know if that'll change as the episodes go on, but for now that's where I'd peg it.
12:52 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
wall e
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
I haven't even seen it yet and I already wouldn't compare it to Veep. Veep was great.

Or is great, rather.
12:53 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Hahah no I was just making a joke seeing as I don't really know you at all. I've only seen the first episode and read the one next week, but I think it's fair to compare it to Modern Family or even Parks and Rec.... outside of the setting being the White House, it's basically a show about the family and the people connected to them. I don't know if that'll change as the episodes go on, but for now that's where I'd peg it.

Sounds decent enough. I like Modern Family, and I liked Parks, but stopped watching about a season and a half ago cuz I was working a lot...

The reviews I've read have been kinda hit or miss... most of the people who have had the opportunity to see multiple episodes have said that it gets funnier as it goes on... I'm gonna try to watch the pilot tonight
12:54 PM on 12/18/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I haven't even seen it yet and I already wouldn't compare it to Veep. Veep was great.

Or is great, rather.

Veep was/is great... I don't see the similarities in the two shows other than it deals with goings on at the White House, but I've heard other people compare the two... but I in no way am expecting this to be even 1/10 of as good as Veep

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos