Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 127
12:09 PM on 12/18/12
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
Yeah, fair enough.

If that's just accepted amongst reviewers though, and there's no attempt to ensure commensurability between the numerical ratings reviews are given, that kinda defeats the informative point of putting a number on these reviews in the first place... These numbers only have meaning in relation to other other scores (or no meaning at all).
this
01:03 PM on 12/18/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
I felt that Boxing Day was their strongest song on the EP. Oh wellz.
01:07 PM on 12/18/12
spunk
User Info.
id give it 9/10. decent review though
01:23 PM on 12/18/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
The chorus of When I Was Young is too catchy.
came in here to say this verbatim, some of the catchiest they have ever penned
01:50 PM on 12/18/12
PetitnaindesÎles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
When I Was Young is the best song they've released since S/T
01:53 PM on 12/18/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hated all of Neighborhoods. Blink was brilliant on their Self-Titled, but ever since have gone downhill. Plus 44 is my only saving grace as I think Mark would do better without Tom.
02:00 PM on 12/18/12
thispartysux128
User Info.
Pretty Little Girl was easily the worst song. That rap verse is terrible and there is something deeply unsettling about 40 year old dudes talking about a "pretty little girl"

Disaster was pretty awful as well,

But the rest of the EP is great...I'm glad they are finally heading in the right direction
02:02 PM on 12/18/12
scoobs0688
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty Little Girl was easily the worst song. That rap verse is terrible and there is something deeply unsettling about 40 year old dudes talking about a "pretty little girl"

Disaster was pretty awful as well,

But the rest of the EP is great...I'm glad they are finally heading in the right direction
Pretty little girl was written about this wife. I imagine it has a deeper meaning to him
02:16 PM on 12/18/12
cameron22
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This EP is getting praised around the web for the most part saying its some of their best work to date and you give them a 7 of 10? and give neighborhoods 9 out of 10? makes no sense at all. 100x better than neighborhoods as Id say everyone else agrees out there but looks like your the only who doesnt. just awful
02:20 PM on 12/18/12
henry chinaski
User Info.
This sucks and so did Neighborhoods. That's all.
02:34 PM on 12/18/12
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
It's just average honestly i would give this a 60%. It's a well written review though but blink just doesn't surprise me at all anymore. I'm not going to be a typical AP fanboy and give neighbourhoods a 90% yeesh, what as that about.
02:37 PM on 12/18/12
SicTransitIbiza
Not my chair, Not my problem
User Info.
Obviously self-titled was their prime and breaking up after ruined that flow and momentum they had going... but I still enjoyed this and Neighborhoods. It's not as good but it's still pretty chill. I liked AVA, +44, Boxcar, etc. so hearing those influences doesn't bother me and it's only natural they'd appear. blink was my favorite band and got me into the scene, which I'm sure is the case with a lot of people, but I guess as I got older and branched out more I rarely find myself choosing to listen to blink... When you have 25,000 songs on iTunes they tend to get lost in the shuffle unfortunately. Still love them dearly.
02:47 PM on 12/18/12
thispartysux128
User Info.
Pretty little girl was written about this wife. I imagine it has a deeper meaning to him

That doesn't make the song suck any less...
02:49 PM on 12/18/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
I quite enjoyed the EP, however, any one who says this is an improvement over Neighborhoods is daft, seeing that all of these songs would not sound out of place on that record.
02:53 PM on 12/18/12
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
I would have given it a 6/10 and while I don't agree with some points, I do agree with most. Solid review.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos