Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 128 of 128
08:05 PM on 12/29/12
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Sources for this post are this review and the "Stream Blink 182's New EP" news posting from 17DEC.

Here's Jason's response to a commenter distressed about the EP "sounding like AvA and +44 b-sides mixed together...boxing day is the only good song"

-Clearly intended to be dismissive of using comparisons to the side projects as a criticism. Furthermore, Jason reiterates, responding to a claim that more than one outlying listener has expressed displeasure with the EP's similarity to Everything's Magic by quipping:

Less antagonistic but similar sentiments are found in this passage in Keagan's review:

" Yes, at times it sounds like Angels & Airwaves, +44 and every other Blink project, but at the end of the day it sounds like Blink 182. Thanks to the band's side-projects these comparisons will never die, and it's a shame."

Meanwhile, the second part of that paragraph:

"With most of the members closing in on 40, the guys have deserted the immature ways of the past and now make the music they should be making."

Exhibits an eerie similarity to an offhand remark made by Jason in the newspost, parentheticals mine:

I've gotten bored of looking for cite-able data, but both individuals recognize that the album displays more influence from a combination of side project albums rather than something from blink-182's history. Both individuals dismiss this as a significant criticism of an album released under the name "blink-182," while claiming that at their age, these musicians don't really fit the "punk" demographic, thus giving credence to the synths and weird voice inspired by Tom DeLonge. Neither seem to admit that blink-182 fans might be reasonably put-off by the direction the band has taken. Just my opinion.
Yeah, you're definitely trying to make something out of nothing.
02:09 PM on 12/30/12
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, you're definitely trying to make something out of nothing.
Actually I'm using a single post to draw a few parallels and elaborating when asked (by you). No idea what you're insinuating I'm trying to "make."
09:24 AM on 01/03/13
DavePTS
User Info.
There's no doubt that this is better than Neighbourhoods.. that just smacked of laziness, this EP is just proof that Blink do their best work when they're in the same room.
12:11 PM on 01/08/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Sources for this post are this review and the "Stream Blink 182's New EP" news posting from 17DEC.

Here's Jason's response to a commenter distressed about the EP "sounding like AvA and +44 b-sides mixed together...boxing day is the only good song"

-Clearly intended to be dismissive of using comparisons to the side projects as a criticism. Furthermore, Jason reiterates, responding to a claim that more than one outlying listener has expressed displeasure with the EP's similarity to Everything's Magic by quipping:

Less antagonistic but similar sentiments are found in this passage in Keagan's review:

" Yes, at times it sounds like Angels & Airwaves, +44 and every other Blink project, but at the end of the day it sounds like Blink 182. Thanks to the band's side-projects these comparisons will never die, and it's a shame."

Meanwhile, the second part of that paragraph:

"With most of the members closing in on 40, the guys have deserted the immature ways of the past and now make the music they should be making."

Exhibits an eerie similarity to an offhand remark made by Jason in the newspost, parentheticals mine:

I've gotten bored of looking for cite-able data, but both individuals recognize that the album displays more influence from a combination of side project albums rather than something from blink-182's history. Both individuals dismiss this as a significant criticism of an album released under the name "blink-182," while claiming that at their age, these musicians don't really fit the "punk" demographic, thus giving credence to the synths and weird voice inspired by Tom DeLonge. Neither seem to admit that blink-182 fans might be reasonably put-off by the direction the band has taken. Just my opinion.
Illuminati
12:21 AM on 01/09/13
AdamRChan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good Review, ...i'mma post my review.
It is very Average for "BLINK-182"...so i would think it deserves the average 70-75% category
If we are talking best E.P.'s in the last 20 years this is 3.5/5 at best.
Blink-182 is an icon
Tom(AVA) + Hoppus (+44) + T. Barker = BLINK-182 ...believe it or not people don't be expecting to hear Enema of the state all over again
12:22 AM on 01/09/13
AdamRChan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Neighborhoods > Self Titled...without a doubt
09:22 AM on 04/02/13
Vmorning
User Info.
Pretty good review.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates