Username
Password
Counting Crows News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Counting Crows
Inside AP.net

I Will Name My First Born Adam Duritz

Posted by: Nathan Lint (02/22/08)
I will be conducting an interview with Adam Duritz of the Counting Crows this upcoming Wednesday. Please leave any questions you may have in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47.
11:49 AM on 02/22/08
parothead310
User Info.
No questions but thats pretty freaking sweet.
11:53 AM on 02/22/08
Smash Adams
on Wednesdays we wear pink
User Info.
please tell me your secret way to get Mandy Moore to have sex with you
any plans on doing a tour this summer?
11:54 AM on 02/22/08
Jonathan Lally
Ain't nobody got time for that.
User Info.
Ask him how it is living in Berkeley and still being a Bay Area musician, resisting temptations of living in LA.. Oh yeah, ask him about working with Dashboard and if he'd ever collaborate again soon (because he mentioned in a past interview that he hasn't done a whole lot besides Vanessa Carlton.) And finally, ask him if he has/would work with Stephan Jenkins/Third Eye Blind since they're just across the Bay Bridge and have their own studio in downtown San Francisco.
11:54 AM on 02/22/08
rhinitus
87 jeans & a fresh pair of Nikes on
User Info.
Counting Crows is a band whose music no one really ever badmouths...what do you think it is about your band that gives that mass appeal while not being your typical Top 40 band?
11:58 AM on 02/22/08
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
How does it feel to have your name associated with Shreck?
Do you appreciate being known for your hair?
What is the new album going to sound like? Pure amazingness?
11:58 AM on 02/22/08
thosepaperwings
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
how do you rule so much?....
12:03 PM on 02/22/08
serendipity
Columnated Ruins Domino
User Info.
When I was 15 and in high school my ex-girlfriend had a dream that she and I were in her car hanging out and "Mr. Jones" was playing. Then for our anniversary she gave me her recently pulled wisdom teeth, and once she pulled her tampon out and threw it at some girls screaming at her from the sunroof of a limo. We broke up shortly afterwards.

It seems like every time I let a serious Counting Crows fan into my life something insane happens--I can only imagine what kind of crazy experiences you must have had based on the people I have known who admire your band. What's your most bizarre fan-related experience?
12:07 PM on 02/22/08
hxchairstylist
Hair on Mars
User Info.
First of all, may I say that Counting Crows will forever be a major musical inspiration for me in my life.

How come the song "chelsea" -as featured on the live album- has never seen a proper studio recording? I love that song and the way it conjures up such vivid mental images whenever I hear the simplicity of it. Beautiful work Adam, thank you.
12:17 PM on 02/22/08
IanJEllison
Broke College Kid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ask him how Henderson The Rain King influenced his lyrics, and what about the book inspired him the most.
12:18 PM on 02/22/08
MomentOfSilence
http://sistercityband.com
User Info.
This is what I've got for now. I can probably come up with 100 or so more.
  • I thought the description of how the drums on “You Can’t Count on Me” were recorded was very interesting. Any other notable recording techniques you used on SN&SM?
  • In your blog on the official site, you say you didn’t want the song “1492” on Geffen’s site because, “It belongs to us, not them.” What do you mean by that?
  • How would you feel if the album leaked tomorrow? In general what are your thoughts on piracy?
  • I’m not going to lie; the first time I heard the song title “Washington Square,” I hoped it might be a studio recording of the song “August and Everything After.” Is there any chance we’ll ever hear a studio recording of that song, or is it going to stay the live b-side to “She Don’t Want Nobody Near?”
  • Are there still plans for the DVD release of the Town Hall show at which you played “August and Everything After” in its entirety? When can we expect it?
  • There are rumors that both the recent Rams Head Live! Benefit show and the Bowery show were professionally recorded. Any plans to do anything with those?
  • Can you say anything about an upcoming U.S. tour?
12:18 PM on 02/22/08
Jonathan Lally
Ain't nobody got time for that.
User Info.
When I was 15 and in high school my ex-girlfriend had a dream that she and I were in her car hanging out and "Mr. Jones" was playing. Then for our anniversary she gave me her recently pulled wisdom teeth, and once she pulled her tampon out and threw it at some girls screaming at her from the sunroof of a limo. We broke up shortly afterwards.

It seems like every time I let a serious Counting Crows fan into my life something insane happens--I can only imagine what kind of crazy experiences you must have had based on the people I have known who admire your band. What's your most bizarre fan-related experience?

Wow. I just fell out of my chair laughing. Bravo, sir
12:19 PM on 02/22/08
cubz84
Serial Kisser
User Info.
Jennifer Anniston. Well play, bro. Well played.
12:26 PM on 02/22/08
SoCoSquid4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
can you explain the significance of "Rain King" to us? its such an amazing song.
12:27 PM on 02/22/08
MomentOfSilence
http://sistercityband.com
User Info.
He's already said a bunch about old songs like Rain King. www.annabegins.com has song meanings straight from his mouth for songs like that.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS